'406 Not Acceptable' Error

bobkat
Student Sheep

'406 Not Acceptable' Error

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:39 am

When trying to log in to some websites with Hideaway Connected an error "406 Not Acceptable" is returned. Disconnecting Hideaway allows normal operation, but then I need to remember to re-Connect for other regular activity.
Is it possible to bypass Hideaway for a whitelist of selected URLs? How about a switch similar to the "Don't redirect my email"?
Specific websites tend to be those for remote access for home security and banks (which maybe should be using an extra layer of VPN security).
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: '406 Not Acceptable' Error

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi,

Can you let me know which websites and which location? Usually we can contact the website responsible and they'll remove the block as sometimes they'll block the whole host because of past problems.

We're going to release an update next week with rules, so you can have websites/apps going to different locations simultaneously or not redirecting things. Initially they'll be rules we add in, but soon after we'll let people create custom rules. We can add them on request initially.
bobkat
Student Sheep

Re: '406 Not Acceptable' Error

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:48 pm

Most recently annoying is <ring.com> for home security. I'll make note of others when I encounter them again.

Return to “HideAway”