Why am I getting chinese or indonesian writing on my web page

FredM
Mystified Moa

Why am I getting chinese or indonesian writing on my web page

Fri May 28, 2021 10:19 am

When I open Firefox or Google Chrome and have Hideaway activated using either Perth or Sydney, the web page will come up with Chinese writing or Indonesian writing, I have Googled this and one suggestion was to go to Google site and set the settings to English, which was done and things worked for awhile, but we are back to the foreign writing again, if I turn off Hideaway, this clears up and the web page is normal.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Why am I getting chinese or indonesian writing on my web page

Fri May 28, 2021 10:39 am

Odd that you're seeing these with our Australian servers, as these IP addresses have been in Australia for along time. I can't actually replicate this issue you're seeing either.

If you go to the bottom of the search page, click Settings>>Search Settings, then Make sure your Region Settings are correct at the bottom of that settings page. Also on the left is the language settings which you mentioned.
khanyash
Student Sheep

Fri May 28, 2021 11:45 am

I tried both the servers, Perth and Sydney, and no issue here.
FredM
Mystified Moa

Fri May 28, 2021 11:58 am

OK and thanks Nick, I think I have the problem fixed from your suggestions, see what happens over the next day or so.
FredM
Mystified Moa

Sun May 30, 2021 10:40 am

Well I have the Chinese writings again, this only happens when I do a search using google with FireFox or Google Chrome, doesn't happen when using Edge because I don't have the google search engine on this web page.

This is happening when I use Sydney as the redirect, Perth seems to be clear at the moment and the problem happens when I do a google search, not when I first open the google search page, disconnect Hideaway and retry the search engines and the pages are clear of foreign writing.

I can go to google.com/ca and redo the english setting, which is still set on "english" and the google search will work as it should for short while.

Both FireFox and Google Chrome pages are set to english, I have set the local addresses as nick suggested and things worked for awhile, have attached a couple of photos for your perusal, excuse the wiggly lines, used iphone and haven't worked out how to fix this problem.
IMG_0801.jpg
IMG_0801.jpg (100.72 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg (100.08 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
FredM
Mystified Moa

Sun May 30, 2021 10:42 am

Well I have the Chinese writings again, this only happens when I do a search using google with FireFox or Google Chrome, doesn't happen when using Edge because I don't have the google search engine on this web page.

This is happening when I use Sydney as the redirect, Perth seems to be clear at the moment and the problem happens when I do a google search, not when I first open the google search page, disconnect Hideaway and retry the search engines and the pages are clear of foreign writing.

I can go to google.com/ca and redo the english setting, which is still set on "english" and the google search will work as it should for short while.

Both FireFox and Google Chrome pages are set to english, I have set the local addresses as nick suggested and things worked for awhile, have attached a couple of photos for your perusal, excuse the wiggly lines, used iphone and haven't worked out how to fix this problem.
IMG_0801.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun May 30, 2021 11:24 am

Seems to be happening qwith quite a few VPN services at the moment, Google redirecting them to google.com.hk

Give this a try
http://www.thesempost.com/force-google- ... y-version/
FredM
Mystified Moa

Mon May 31, 2021 9:07 am

I will try this today, thanks.

Return to “HideAway”