Overriding Hideaway with exceptions

Elektra
Active Albatross

Overriding Hideaway with exceptions

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:38 pm

Hi,

I purchased the first version of Hideaway a few years ago. I may be wrong but I seem to remember that provided the option to specify sites which should be treated as an exception but I cannot see such an option with the latest version. In fact, I can't see any way to access the settings.

Is there something I am missing or is the only option to deactivate the program when you come across a site that will not respond?

Edit:
When I set it up I set it to run with Firefox only. Is there any way to add some other programs or at least change the default to something other than the very few programs shown in the list? I absolutely need it to run with JDownloader, Firefox, and Brave.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Overriding Hideaway with exceptions

Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:17 pm

Hi, next version will have all that. We'll try and finish up a beta version end of next week, have a week of testing and then release it. You won't be able to create custom rules straight away (just ask us and we can add them in though), but we'll have a bunch of preset rules that you can have running at the same time to either redirect, block or ignore.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:27 pm

I just discovered that FB will not allow me to post if I'm running Hideaway. As soon as I turned it off I was able to post again. No biggie, I hate FB anyway.

Not sure what you meant about custom rules, Nick. I'm a total beginner where this stuff is concerned. :(
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:04 am

Which location did you use for uploading facebook? I can't replicate that here.

The custom rules will let you connect to different locations for different websites and apps at the same time.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:01 am

I was connected to Spain.

Today, I wanted to view what TV series were available to watch on my Amazon Prime account and Amazon said I could not view anything unless I disconnected my VPN or Proxy service. I went to disconnect Hideaway and the program simply crashed. :(
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:12 am

Hi, Amazon Prime in which country?
Elektra
Active Albatross

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:12 pm

nick.bolton wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:12 am
Hi, Amazon Prime in which country?
France.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:25 pm

I think we'll look for another host in France, this one seems to be blocked by a few websites

Return to “HideAway”