How to setup IKEv2 from within Windows

ceo54
Rattled Rabbit

How to setup IKEv2 from within Windows

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Hello,

I don't want to install the HideAway app and want to use the VPN from within Windows. I want to use IKEv2 to protocol but other protocols like L2TP/IPSec, PPTP are okay too. I don't care about security, I just want my traffic to be tunnled from another location.

I know how to setup a connection, I just need the credentials and certificates. Where can I acquire them from?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I can post my premium key, if that's what needed.

Thanks.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: How to setup IKEv2 from within Windows

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:44 pm

Hi,

We don't support any of those protocols in Windows, that's why HideAway is so fast.

So, not sure where you want to go with it from here, but happy to discuss reasons why you don't want to install HideAway. You can always email me at nick.bolton@firetrust.com and I'll give you a refund.

Regards
Nick
ceo54
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:33 am

Hello nick,

That's too bad that HA doesn't support any of those protocols. Why would you do that? There will always be some of us who don't care about security or speed just the tunneling feature of the VPN. More options are always a good thing, is it not?

Moving forward, I appreciate your fair business practices. Considering that, will it be possible to put my license on hold until I figure out my setup ? I mean pause the license on counting the days down until it's deployed ?

I'm on Windows 8.1 for which the EOL is near. The New LTSC is due next month but I'm not sure if I want to upgrade to it because it's will get support for 5 years. The LTSC after that will be based on Windows 11. No way in hell will I ever comply with the ridiculous system requirements of Windows 11.

There's also 1809 LTSC which will get support till Jan 9th 2029. At the moment, this seems like the best option. Or maybe I'll stick to Windows 8.1 till 2025 and then upgrade to 1809 LTSC in 2025, that works too or maybe give new 2022 LTSC try next month. I don't know.

So, will it be possible for you to put my license on hold until it's deployed?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:30 am

To be honest, I can't see us supporting those other protocols as what we have is superior.

Return to “HideAway”