Kaspersky Internet Security and HideAway

sparkyspark
Student Sheep

Kaspersky Internet Security and HideAway

Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:37 am

My Renewal for HideAway is due in 22 days time but there still an issue with Kaspersky Internet Security and HideAway, as I have never been able to bypass security using HideAway for US Netflix, iPlayer etc.

What benefits would I gain by renewing the Licence in 22 days, is HideAway still going to Encrypt my connection & hide my real IP address to ensure my security and privacy at home within normal browsing, or is Kaspersky still actually interfering in the background and not fully protecting me.
HideAway has never worked with Kaspersky as far as I know, even when Kaspersky's disabled, the only way round it for HideAway to work is to Remove Kaspersky altogether.
I wonder if any other Anti Virus cause disruption to HideAway or is it just Kaspersky they can't master.

I bought three licences in August 2019 when HideAway was basically in it's infancy, and eventually after quite a short period of time of it's release each license was changed to unlimited devices per one Licence, don't really feel it's been good value for money in my case because of Kaspersky which has been addressed by the developers but never conquered, and having to buy three licence's initially and then changing to unlimited use :(

I've used MailWasher Pro on Lifetime Licences since March 2011, I only wish HideAway was as good for me.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security and HideAway

Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:11 am

Hi there.

Unfortunately we can't do anything if Kaspersky is going to interfere with the connection which HideAway uses. Antivirus programs are very invasive and use all sorts of hacks to 'protect' users. I keep coming back to this article :)
https://www.zdnet.com/article/ex-top-mo ... -defender/
g6radio
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:23 pm

I have been using kaspersky internet security for about 8 to 10 years?

Only about maybe 2 years? ago was there a problem with interference with HA but it only lasted a few months?

I did a lot of testing, even using test pc with 100% new windows 10 pro install etc.

However toady i did a test using "watch uk tv" with zero problem with KIS active.

I have not experienced any problems for at least 18 months? with KIS interfering.

My current KIS version is 213.10.391.i

I have never been interested in netflix

The free version of kaspersky that came out maybe 2? years ago has never caused problems with HA either.
sparkyspark
Student Sheep

Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:07 am

g6radio, same here been using Kaspersky for years and never had an issue with anything regarding viruses, are you saying that you have KIS fully working with HideAway with no issues using login for example the bbc iPlayer using the dedicated built in link within HideAway for it, I have the latest version and updates for Kaspersky Internet Security installed and have three machines using KIS and HideAway, all of them do not work for iPlayer without having to log in thru the player.

What’s this Watch TV UK you refer too, is it another VPN service your using along side HideAway??

At Nick Bolton, interesting article you linked, I wonder how many HideAway subscribers use different AVs to Kaspersky if one at all, but can you confirm my original main question as to whether even though HideAway is not bypassing the encryption to allow access to iPlayer etc with KIS, is HideAway Encrypting my connection & hiding my real IP address to ensure my security and privacy at home within normal browsing, or is Kaspersky still actually interfering in the background and not fully protecting me to the best of your knowledge??
g6radio
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:34 am

To get to the "watch tv uk"" field try this and the watch tv uk is second from the bottom.

Instead of choose your country, select watch uk tv near bottom of list

HIDEAWAY UK TV.jpg
HIDEAWAY UK TV.jpg (95.22 KiB) Viewed 5676 times
sparkyspark
Student Sheep

Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:30 am

Thanks for the reply g6radio, nope didn't work for me on the Watch tv option, it's not as though I want to bypass everyone's encryption to get to the dodgy stuff shall we say, just want a good VPN that's protecting my online status, already re-asked this question to Nick, maybe he can confirm a simple yes or no, is my Ip address safe and hidden while using HideAway with Kaspersky??
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:58 am

You mention iPlayer doesn't work without having to login to iPlayer. We still need to create an iPlayer login and use that, you can't get around that. But it's a bit of a formality, just create one and use a UK post code.

Return to “HideAway”