Goal not achieved yet

Elektra
Active Albatross

Goal not achieved yet

Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:41 am

I regret the program doesn't yet qualify for being user friendly Nick. Maybe you know some people who have less than 30 contacts in their address book but I don't. Mine has 1000's and there is no way I'm going to enter them one by one. You MUST implement a way to import a contact list or address book.

Then there's the question of requiring people I add to verify their address. As almost everyone has become accustomed to receiving spam we tend to become blind to any mails received that we were not expecting, especially when the mail purports to come from someone we know with an non-personalized subject. You more than anybody should know that because we use MailWasher precisely for the purpose of filtering out such mails.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Goal not achieved yet

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:52 am

Sure, but at the moment you only need to add the contacts you have who also have EncryptUs as well, so your emails between each other are encrypted. We'll add the importer from Mailwasher in to it and it will auto-categorise those emails in to EncryptUs users and non-users

You only need to verify your own email addresses. It won't send out an email to your contacts asking to identify themselves. If they install EncryptUs, then they only need to verify their own email addresses.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:00 pm

nick.bolton wrote:Sure, but at the moment you only need to add the contacts you have who also have EncryptUs as well, so your emails between each other are encrypted. We'll add the importer from Mailwasher in to it and it will auto-categorise those emails in to EncryptUs users and non-users.
Will it automatically recognize if they install EncryptUs at a later date?
You only need to verify your own email addresses. It won't send out an email to your contacts asking to identify themselves. If they install EncryptUs, then they only need to verify their own email addresses.
Unless I misunderstood what I was reading, it seemed to indicate that they would not be able to read my mail unless they first verified their address but what you said makes perfect sense.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:27 pm

it automatically recognize if they install EncryptUs at a later date?
Yes, it will. It will show a shield next to their email address, and that can be toggled on and off.

Unless I misunderstood what I was reading, it seemed to indicate that they would not be able to read my mail unless they first verified their address but what you said makes perfect sense.
Yes, they need to verify their email address before they can read your encrypted emails to them. But until they do that, your emails to them will be sent in plain text. I think we need to have a setup Wizard where it takes people through adding their email address, then the next screen it imports their contacts - enables any who also have EncryptUs installed, and then offers to send an invite to any non-users.

Return to “EncryptUs”