Keeps on crashing

nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Keeps on crashing

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks Peter, the Gmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo webmail implementations are a bit of a different idea, we'd have to create a plugin for these.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Thanks for your replies Peter.
Revo has a very good reputation however I have been using a competitor called Your Uninstaller for many years and, despite its silly name, I find it does a very good job. Strangely, I forgot to use it when uninstalling EncryptUs and relied on the standard uninstaller built into the program. My bad!
Elektra
Active Albatross

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:55 pm

nick.bolton wrote:Thanks Peter, the Gmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo webmail implementations are a bit of a different idea, we'd have to create a plugin for these.
A plugin to cover all webmail apps would be necessary. If that isn't possible then you will need to create several because I get the impression that there are more web mail users today than ever.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Yes it would be a bit hard to support them all as it involves parsing the HTML, and if that changes (ie design change), then it breaks. I know GMail and Yahoo have created some open source versions to use with their webmail, so that would be a good start.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:48 pm

I may be wrong but I get the impression that the most used are Gmail and Hotmail.
Peter
Active Albatross

on-line email accounts

Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:13 am

Elektra wrote:I may be wrong but I get the impression that the most used are Gmail and Hotmail.
Unfortunately,the vast majority of the people with whom I would like to be able to use EncryptUs are hotmail and gmail users. I have a few who have moved from hotmail to outlook.com and a few others who use yahoo. Very very few use their ISP email addresses here. Also rare are those who have an email address based on their own web-page.

There are some who have an email address assigned to them by their employers, but generally they prefer to keep their own private business off the employer's server.

I have a few gmail addressees, but I use them mostly for organizations who send me newsletters (unless it is a newsletter from a someone like Firetrust!). I also use those when I have to give an email address to a store or something. I noticed something the other day in gmail about encryption, but did not pay it any attention as I am highly focused on EncryptUs ;)

Did you not have a way of using gmail some while back? I seem to remember trying to set up a gmail account to use for testing EncryptUs a few years ago..
Cheers,

Peter
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:14 am

It does work with Gmail, Outlook.com, Hotmail etc, but not when using it via a browser, only when these users use something like Thunderbird or Outlook using IMAP or POP3 to access their email. We'll need to make browser plugins for those situations when people use their browser.
Peter
Active Albatross

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:01 am

I would be very surprised of any of "my" on-line email service users have something like Thunderbird or other email clients installed on their computers, and are using their browsers to access their email. Those plug-ins, then, would be extensions or add-ons, wouldn't they?

I know that you are a pretty busy gang there at Firetrust. Do you have any idea when those plug-ins might be developed? And which browsers might be in line for such plug-ins?
Cheers,

Peter
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:08 am

They would be extensions/plugins. At the moment we're working on cross platform for Windows/Linux/Mac for people who use email clients. We're also working on an Android version, and looking at options for IOS. We'd probably go with the main browsers, Firefox, Chrome, Edge
Peter
Active Albatross

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Yes, the cross-platform modules would seem to be the most important step, along with the mobile versions. Then the browsers, I guess.

Please keep us posted!

BTW: I am not at Win10 yet, but it appears that Edge doesn't have it -- an edge, I mean. Apparently people are looking to return to (gasp!) IE. I read that if you want to bring IE back to life in your Win10 machine, you just have to go to the Search Box in the Start Menu, start typing Internet Ex (and it pops up. Pin it to the task bar, and there you go.
Cheers,

Peter
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Yes IE is still there, but just not very visible. I'm not a fan of Edge either, prefer to use Firefox myself :)
Yidovavy
It begins with a single step

Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:42 pm

Do you have an estimated timeline for developing browser plugins for EncryptUs, and which browsers are you planning to prioritize?

Return to “EncryptUs”