All browser rule

anniebrion
βeta Tester

All browser rule

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:16 pm

The all browser rule needs to include Microsoft Edge.

I have tried to setup my own redirect for MicrosoftEdge.exe and MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe but this crashes HideAway :thumbsdown
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: All browser rule

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:35 am

I was on the impression Nick had added this already, will ask him.

With the crash, you're just adding the process name, e.g. MicrosoftEdge.exe and not including any of the folder path etc... ?
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:59 am

rusticdog wrote:I was on the impression Nick had added this already, will ask him.

With the crash, you're just adding the process name, e.g. MicrosoftEdge.exe and not including any of the folder path etc... ?
Correct.

I have now had to remove Hideaway from my PCs as it is crashing on both and my desktop lost ALL internet connectivity and I had to restore from a backup image.

Now my tablet has totally lost Internet after removing Hideaway, help!
Last edited by anniebrion on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:46 am

To fix your internet, Go to Control Panel, then open 'Network Connections', click 'Change Adaptor Settings', then click on your network icon (WiFi or Local Area Connection) and click the button above - 'Disable this network device' and then click 'Enable this network device', and your internet will be back working.

I'll try and replicate the MS Edge problem, we already have a rule in there for this but really odd it crashed your internet - maybe MS updated something
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:04 am

nick.bolton wrote:To fix your internet, Go to Control Panel, then open 'Network Connections', click 'Change Adaptor Settings', then click on your network icon (WiFi or Local Area Connection) and click the button above - 'Disable this network device' and then click 'Enable this network device', and your internet will be back working.

I'll try and replicate the MS Edge problem, we already have a rule in there for this but really odd it crashed your internet - maybe MS updated something
No amount of disable/enable or uninstalling/reinstalling of drivers helped :thumbsdown

Luckily I could use system restore on my tablet then uninstalling Hideaway worked.

I'm not reinstalling Hideaway on my PCs as this was a serious issue, I could not even get LAN access even after installing a different USB wifi adaptor.
Last edited by anniebrion on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:07 am

It certainly was a serious issue sorry - I'm really surprised it completely borked your internet and you were not able to repair it. What AV and other protection software are you running?
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:13 am

I'm running Windows defender and Windows firewall on Windows 10 (latest insider preview), so nothing exotic.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:21 am

Thanks, we'll give the latest insider build a go with it.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:28 am

Still waiting on the latest insider build to come....

We actually had a few problems with HideAway and a couple of the insider builds before Win 10 was released (borking the connection - but we could fix the connection with the instructions I gave you), then MS fixed the issues before official release and it worked again. I hope they've not done something like this again.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:43 am

Ok, got the latest insider build to run. Had to build a new environment as other one wouldn't update. Anyway, I installed HideAway and it crashed when I ran some traffic through the Edge browser, but it only happened once and the internet didn't go down. I've not been able to make Hideaway crash since. I'll keep trying.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:58 am

So your running win 10 - 10586 (Threshold 2)?

My networking got screwed when uninstalling HA but weirdly reinstalling from a backup on my desktop then uninstalling worked and system restore then uninstall worked on my Dell.

When my desktop restored from the backup I noticed HA was version 1.3.0 and not 1.4.0 that killed the networking, not sure if that help point you towards the issue.

One other thing, as a Windows insider both PCs have had several windows updates installed without removing HA first.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:41 pm

This is what I have if I go to Start>Run, type winver, so I'm unsure about Threshold 2

Ok, I've updated Win 10 first then installed HideAway 1.40 so there must be some differences around that process.
Attachments
winver.jpg
winver.jpg (41.05 KiB) Viewed 10362 times
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:44 pm

You have Threshold 2 👍🏻👌🏻🤓🖖🏻

Return to “HideAway”