Intermittent problem when washing mail, MW Pro 7.7.0

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
emmrecs
Travelling Tuatara

Intermittent problem when washing mail, MW Pro 7.7.0

Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:31 am

I have recently experienced an intermittent but annoying problem when choosing to Wash Mail: my email client, Windows Live Mail, fails to fully open (no splash screen, nothing visible) but Task Manager shows it as running.

Force closing WL Mail, and then reattempting to Wash Mail, everything happens again (no visible client but TM shows wlmail.exe as running); the only solution I have so far found, apart from rebooting the computer, is to close MW, open WL Mail directly, i.e. not via MW. Following this MW can then be re-opened and "normal service" resumes (Wash Mail does its job and then opens WL Mail).

Any suggestions why this is happening? It is very intermittent (maybe one "Wash mail" in every 20 or more attempts) but I would like to understand/eradicate the problem.

TIA of any advice/suggestions.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Intermittent problem when washing mail, MW Pro 7.7.0

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:06 am

Yes, no idea 'why' it occurs so randomly, but one option is to click, Settings>>General>>Washing Mail click the email program button and select, "Use other application" and manually browse to the location of the WLM.exe file you want to have opened instead of selecting WLM from the list of email clients.....

It should be one of these:
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe
emmrecs
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Intermittent problem when washing mail, MW Pro 7.7.0

Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks for this. I will certainly try this the next time MW throws up the problem (which may be today, or perhaps next year!)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”