MWP 7.7.0 will not install/uninstall

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
stmiranda
Travelling Tuatara

MWP 7.7.0 will not install/uninstall

Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:07 am

I am unable to install 7.7.0. From the MWP Pro I use the "Help" "Check for updates" and it starts to run through the install process then fails saying there's another installation in progress. I've rebooted multiple times and there are not other updates taking place. From the Control Panel, under apps, Windows 10, I see two instances of MWP. When I select uninstall, nothing happens. I've also downloaded the .exe file directly and no go.

The current version is 7.5.0 and I have a life-time license. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: MWP 7.7.0 will not install/uninstall

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:33 pm

If you can activate the Task Manager (Ctrl/Alt/Del) and look for the mscie Uninstaller and terminate the process for all occurrences, then try doing the uninstall from the control panel.

Or

Try using a free copy of Revo Uninstaller and use it to do the uninstall.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
stmiranda
Travelling Tuatara

Re: MWP 7.7.0 will not install/uninstall

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:40 am

Sidewinder wrote:If you can activate the Task Manager (Ctrl/Alt/Del) and look for the mscie Uninstaller and terminate the process for all occurrences, then try doing the uninstall from the control panel.

Or

Try using a free copy of Revo Uninstaller and use it to do the uninstall.
Thanks Sidewinder. Terminating the process mentioned did the trick. You Rock!

Steven

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”