Amnesia

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Andrew42
Active Albatross

Amnesia

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:24 am

Mailwasher recently got amnesia and I lost my accounts in Mailwasher mobile. I went into Desktop Pro and reset the sync details, rebooted my IPad and IPhone and one of my accounts synced across. However gmail did not and will not

Advice please.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Amnesia

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:25 am

You have to go to the GMail site and authorize the accent shortly after attempting to connect.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:38 am

Gmail introduced a new way to authenticate your password called OAUTH. MailWasher has the ability to use OAUTH to access the account, however MW Mobile doesn't.

Anyway, you need to make a change in your Google Account to make this work.

If you logon here https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps >> change the selector for 'Allow less secure apps' to ON.

Now, try and add your Gmail account again. It may still block access as it's coming from a different location, so check your gmail inbox and allow this location as well.

You may need to also create an application specific password if the above doesn't work: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1032419?hl=en
Andrew42
Active Albatross

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Thanks Nick,
Once my pea brain had worked out that first I needed two step verification set up on Google the rest became quite easy.
Thanks again for your help

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”