Hideaway 3.0.1 Cant uninstall Driver

Tayrad
Rattled Rabbit

Hideaway 3.0.1 Cant uninstall Driver

Sat May 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Ok, today I removed Hideaway 2.0 in the control panel / Programs and Features. I restarted the computer. I attempted to install 3.0.1..... It says it will not install because the driver removal is pending. Please restart. So I did. Again. and again and again. So I went into the Appdata folder - and used the %LOCALAPPDATA%\HideAway\app-3.0.1\resources\driver folder - ran the HideAwayDriverSetup.exe -u

And it errors. "unregisterDriver: (-1) Unknown error."

The driver is v1.0.0

I tried wiping the whole folder (fail). And installing as administrator (fail). I tried installing without my Comodo firewall (fail), Avast antivirus (fail) and both disabled (also fail).

I uninstalled everything to do with hideaway. And attempted to reinstall.... And still it gets back to the same error -
"HideAway Driver setup cannot continue because a restart from a previous uninstallation or update is pending. Please restart your computer."

Pressing OK gives error box: Driver install failed, code: 350 Command failed: "C:\Users\MyUserName\Appdata\Local\HideAway\app-3.0.1\resour...\HideAwayDriverSetup.exe" --install

I'm kind of running out of ideas :)
Got anything I can try?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Hideaway 3.0.1 Cant uninstall Driver

Sat May 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Run RegEdit from an elevated command prompt and navigate to the following key:—
  • [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager]
If you find a PendingFileRenameOperations key, just rename it to OldPendingFileRenameOperations >>----> reboot the system >>----> retry your 3.0.1 installation.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Tayrad
Rattled Rabbit

Sun May 07, 2017 2:56 am

Ok Done! On reboot, this entry put itself back and the install failed.

So I got back in to Regedit and wiped the entry out. Without rebooting, I ran the install and it went flawlessly.

Thank you!!
gestryn
Student Sheep

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:04 am

Hello, just in case this thread still interests anyone, I tried the solution that worked for Tayrad and it did not work for me. After several shots in other directions I came across this https://support.symantec.com/en_US/arti ... 98292.html which showed that there may be more than just one "session manager" key in the registry, and that any "PendingFileRenameOperations" entry in each one must be removed. I found 3 in my registry, removed them and then HideAway 3.5 (in my case) installed quickly.
All the best!

Return to “HideAway”