MW only partially washing

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Elektra
Active Albatross

MW only partially washing

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:10 am

I installed MW on my new laptop this weekend and while it is washing spam it leaves mails in the list after they have been downloaded. What I mean by that is even if I check my mail again, those that have already been downloaded remain in the list and the only way to get rid of them is to check them all for deletion.

I have searched for an option in settings to get them automatically removed when checking mail after download but can't find anything. What am I missing please?
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: MW only partially washing

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:32 am

By default, MWP wil show all mail it finds on your mailserver. By the nature of your complaint, I assume you are using IMAP. With IMAP -opposite to POP mail-, your mail client (for instance outlook, Fossa mail.... ) "looks" directly at the mail server and leaves "read" mail on thet server. Thus, MWP will keep seeing your older mail... But there is a solution: under accounts>>>incoming server untick "download read mail". Do this for every account you may have and... you will no longer see "older", "read" mail. Success!
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
Elektra
Active Albatross

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:02 am

No, they are all POP accounts.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:52 am

To ensure that mails deleted by your e-mail client are no longer listed in MWP, you can check out the graphical illustration of server settings for some of the more popular e-mail clients at the following links:—

Microsoft Outlook: Mozilla Thunderbird: Windows Live Mail: Opera Mail:
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Elektra
Active Albatross

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks TrustFire. Section 8 appears to have been the likely culprit.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”