Full Version....Just a thought

Jancux
Travelling Tuatara

Full Version....Just a thought

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Just a passing thought.
Is the development of the full working version still in progress?
It seems an awful long time in coming, with no progress update.

A very patient
Jancux
frankst237
Student Sheep

Re: Full Version....Just a thought

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Yes, the 'old' users of the previous version including me have been waiting for what seems like a long time. I am sure that we all understand that Firetrust isn't like Microsoft or Google with millions of employees to work on stuff but the lack of information is frustrating.

Can someone give us a review of where the new version is as of now and what the likely progress is likely to be over the next few weeks / months. If it is being fully developed into a similar version to 2 (tailored to individual websites etc.) it would be good to know.

In its current Beta version it works well albeit with the limited functionality of ALL COMPUTER or individual browsers such as Chrome. This is like many other VPNs on the market.

Where are you with the ongoing development and what is likely to be in it when released? A regular 3 line update in the forum would be good and keep the user community informed if this is possible. For me, bad news is more useful than no news - at least I know where I stand (or fall!!)

Regards, Frank
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Yeah very much still in progress, but agreed it's been horribly slow.

Support for UDP as far as I know is now finished, with work being done on the updater and installer. The back end engine is mostly complete, but a decent amount of work is still required to prepare the UI and plug it into said back end.

I got sent a prototype earlier today to test with routers and printers etc...to be sure when redirecting your whole machine, local networks are not effected.

Here's a PDF mock up of what the UI ought to look like in it's finished state.
Attachments
hideaway6.9.pdf
(859.74 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
Andrew Cool
Mystified Moa

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:32 am

Nice to know things are happening. :-)

Are you game to estimate a completion date in months? 3 months? 6 months?

Andrew
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:58 am

I haven't been given any date estimates with the latest, will try and find out next week though.
Jancux
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:24 am

Thanks for your openly honest no excuse reply!
At least we, the users, now know that at least ,and can see, progress is actually being made!
Regards to all
Jancux
:cheers :cheers
frankst237
Student Sheep

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 am

Yes,

I want to echo the last post by Jancux - thanks for being upfront and open. As I said originally, I can handle bad news but no news is .....?

I am sure all us users would have liked it complete and rolled out 3 months ago but I would rather have a robust product rather than a rushed version that then has loads of bugs that take months to fix.

Please keep at it - if the new version works as well as the old it will be worthwhile.

Thanks again to the team at Firetrust.

Frank

Return to “HideAway”