Mac Version ever?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
wolverana
Student Sheep

Mac Version ever?

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:26 am

Hello,

Just wondering if there will ever be a Mac version of this software? I am truly truly missing this program since changing to Mac, and a couple days of searching have yielded absolutely nothing that compares in any way to this program. I've seen a few old posts (years old) that are talking about there being a Mac version, but I see nothing new anywhere saying anything about it.

I truly hope that this is something still in the works and not too far down the line.

A previously very satisfied user having withdrawals here! :P
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mac Version ever?

Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Definitely in the works, the guys are working on a version now that will be more open to other platforms. Time frame wise though is another story...
rkrawczyk
Mystified Moa

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:14 am

Allow me to add my vote for a Mac version!! I'm just like wolverana a former fan who's had to do without for over a year now! My only saving grace has been the iPad and iPhone versions. Without them, I'd be literally up a creek without a paddle! If wolverana has either of these devices, s/he should give them a try for the meantime!
Ronnies
It begins with a single step

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:55 am

Any news on this project. Still using Windows version on pc but also need MAC version. Have used 6.54 in crossover and ver 7.7 in Win 10 in parrallels but this is not the answer.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Not much, we did some prototyping and mocked up what we thought the display would look like, but other projects are taking up development time.

The other projects do have some code that can be used in a cross platform version, so that's a small plus.
Rooty
Mystified Moa

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:45 pm

It's a credit to Mailwasher that EIGHT years after moving to the Mac platform I occasionally log into these veritable forums to see if the much-hinted Mac version is anywhere seeing the light of day.

I'm somewhat amazed that if Firetrust aren't interested in supporting the Mac platform, that Mailwasher hasn't been licensed or merely copied by another company.

I will return again in a few months, hopeful but not expecting much.... :cry:
Helvetica
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:51 am

"According to the latest numbers from NetMarketShare, the Mac now accounts for 9.57 percent of all PCs currently in use".
I don't know how many million that is, but if only 1% of them would be interested in Mailwasher for Mac, and only 1% of that 1% would purchase the paid-for version, that would surely cover the development costs. I for one would buy a licence for my son-in-law in an instant.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:07 am

Helvetica wrote:"According to the latest numbers from NetMarketShare, the Mac now accounts for 9.57 percent of all PCs currently in use".
I don't know how many million that is, but if only 1% of them would be interested in Mailwasher for Mac, and only 1% of that 1% would purchase the paid-for version, that would surely cover the development costs. I for one would buy a licence for my son-in-law in an instant.
The PC version will run under Parallels
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Rooty
Mystified Moa

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:30 pm

It's a credit to Mailwasher that TEN years after moving to the Mac platform I occasionally log into these veritable forums to see if the much-hinted Mac version is anywhere seeing the light of day.

Nope.

Oh well, back in another couple of years then. :D
Rooty
Mystified Moa

Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:09 pm

It's a credit to Mailwasher that FOURTEEN years after moving to the Mac platform I occasionally log into these veritable forums to see if the much-hinted Mac version is anywhere seeing the light of day.

Nope.

I guess I can manage without Mailwasher, but it's still missed.
suetonius
Mystified Moa

Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:21 am

I'm with Rooty.
MS has got up my nose for the last time, so now my allegiance is with the Mac.
As a long term user of Mailwasher, it looks as though I'll also be joining your list of ex-customers.
Pity.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:01 am

Yes, definitely still on the list, but that list is pretty long, and includes MWpro 8, Hideaway 5, and the new mobile versions first, so who really knows how long, unfortunately we only have limited resources so need to do these things one at a time.. sorry! :cry:

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”