Incomplete install = only home screen visible & redirect failing

Blitz on Firetrust
Rattled Rabbit

Incomplete install = only home screen visible & redirect failing

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:39 pm

Hi
Sorry to be a numpty. Installed the 3.6.0 Beta and all went well except that all I can see is the home screen and the redirect option on the right. However, checking redirect IP addresses shows that no redirect is actually happening! I've obviously done something wrong!!

I am on Windows 10 with the latest updates/upgrades and using the latest version of Firefox. Reading the Forum, it appears that KIS 2018 is a problem so I paused protection during the installation. However, that appears to have had no effect.

Help!
And many thanks.
Blitz
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Incomplete install = only home screen visible & redirect failing

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi there

At this stage it would seem like HideAway and KIS 2018 are incompatible. KIS have acknowledged an issue, but cannot offer any time frame on a fix
Jancux
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:28 pm

Yeah!
I pointed this out to Nick a while ago. I have been in contact with Kaspersky so they know all about and accept it.
Your only option is to revert to KIS 17.0.0.611 which works fine with HA
Blitz on Firetrust
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:17 pm

rusticdog wrote:Hi there

At this stage it would seem like HideAway and KIS 2018 are incompatible. KIS have acknowledged an issue, but cannot offer any time frame on a fix
Thanks Blitz
Blitz on Firetrust
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:19 pm

Jancux wrote:Yeah!
I pointed this out to Nick a while ago. I have been in contact with Kaspersky so they know all about and accept it.
Your only option is to revert to KIS 17.0.0.611 which works fine with HA
Thanks Blitz. Not good news. I'm reluctant to revert to KIS17 as I assume (wrongly?) that KIS18 offers more protection with with all the updates?
keiths
Mystified Moa

Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:18 am

Having just returned to Hideaway after failing with the first version in 2015, I'm suffering from the same incomplete install. The redirect seems to work, but there is no way to set any options as specified in the 'Getting busted using torrents' thread. I'm using a MS Surface Pro (V2) with Norton IS installed. I disabled it and reinstalled to see if any other options appeared - they didn't.

Lovely clean interface, but kind of restrictive for someone like me who wishes to tweak!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:04 am

keiths wrote:Having just returned to Hideaway after failing with the first version in 2015, I'm suffering from the same incomplete install. The redirect seems to work, but there is no way to set any options as specified in the 'Getting busted using torrents' thread. I'm using a MS Surface Pro (V2) with Norton IS installed. I disabled it and reinstalled to see if any other options appeared - they didn't.

Lovely clean interface, but kind of restrictive for someone like me who wishes to tweak!
The options mentioned in that thread are within the Torrent application, not HA itself.
keiths
Mystified Moa

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:34 am

Thanks for that - I'd noted that the custom rules weren't implmented yet but did expect some form of options link, and assumed the options in the other link were HA... As I said - beautiful in its simplicity! Thanks, Keith
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 am

Yup sure thing. The proper options are coming for more filtering choices.

Return to “HideAway”