Video not available in your region

alexkara
Mystified Moa

Video not available in your region

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:26 am

Hi, Just installed Beta version 3.6.0. All I get is a basic redirection with no parameter configuration facility. As I understand it this is all that is offered at this stage... at least that's all I could download.

I have tried all the redirection sites but none has worked. The site I am trying to access is,

http://www.bellator.com/fight/mc1h96/be ... evon-brock

Am I doing something wrong or could this be a legitimate denial due to licensing,

I have cleared my browser stuff as suggested in another post. I also noticed mention of IPV6. Not being terminology savvy, however, without confirmation I believe I may be a victim.

Can anyone make any suggestions and maybe confirm it is not just me?

Regards,
Alex
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Video not available in your region

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:01 am

So no countries at all you choose work ? Which browser do you use and will take a look.

Cheers
alexkara
Mystified Moa

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:24 am

Sorry, I forgot to mention.... I have tried both Firefox and IE.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:39 am

OK, I'm able to get the video to play on both (using LA) so that would imply that HA isn't functioning for you at all.

If you check first on a site like https://www.iplocation.net/find-ip-address and note the IP address, then start HA, select your redirect >> restart the browser and revisit.

For example using LA you should see something like 207.246.102.219, if you see the same as the first time, then HA isn't rediecting.

I assume this is a Windows 10 machine ? Have you restarted the machine since the installation, that may be worth a shot.
alexkara
Mystified Moa

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:00 am

Thanks for the help rustic'. Tried as you suggested and bounced windows. The IP address has not changed.

I am not networking savvy, however, a while back when I was having Internet response issues, my ISP provider changed my IP address. I don't know what they did but could they have hard wired it such that HA cannot manipulate it?

Yes I am running Win10 64 bit.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:56 am

No that shouldn't matter. Are you using Kaspersky Internet Security ? As that program will prevent HA from running.

When you chose to redirect, you are selecting the individual browser or whole computer ?

Edit : I suppose too I have to make sure, you are choosing a program or whole computer, a location, then hitting the Start Redirect button, it will be red when running.
alexkara
Mystified Moa

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:57 am

Thx for your attention, it is greatly appreciated.

I did have Kaspersky running.. I stopped it. Attached are my HA settings....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt0y0aeula8ag ... 3.jpg?dl=0

As a brief history I had V1 which didn't work. I upgraded to Beta 2 and I believe that worked then stopped. I later upgraded to V3.2 (I think) and that worked... Can't remember how long ago as I don't use it that much. Then today I wanted to see what was happening and as it failed I upgraded to 3.6 and that's where we stand now.

As you mentioned about identifying IP address I am guessing it must be something ion my PC preventing re-direction... Is that a fair assumption.

Must go to bed (2:00am) will check for any replies tomorrow morning.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:38 am

OK. If it's Kaspersky 2018 then that just won't work at all with HA.
alexkara
Mystified Moa

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Yes it is 2018... Even when I stopped it? At first I suspended it but then I stopped it... Does it still keep it's hooks in even when I close it not just suspend it?

If this is the case, should I approach Nick (though I'm sure he would be aware of it) to see if there is any intention for a workaround or am I snookered. I am guessing approaching Kaspersky's would be a mute exercise.

At the moment browsing the site is just a whim, however, if I go Netflix I would like to sign up with US as they have a better offering. If HA can't run, is there other virus protectors that won't object?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Yes unfortunately KIS 2018 is a no-go. Kaspersky have acknowledged the issue, and seemingly there's nothing we can do.

To best of my knowledge there is no work around with the two. Earlier KIS 2017 is OK however.

However, all this is sort of pointless, as Netflix are doing a cracking job detecting HideAway as a proxy, so at this stage also we're unable to offer Netflix working with the program.

Sorta bad news all round :(
alexkara
Mystified Moa

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Bummer... Butt many thanks for your feedback and prompt responses... Greatly appreciated...

Kind regards,
Alex
alexkara
Mystified Moa

Wed May 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi Guys, Not surprised that Kaspersky will not fix their block. They have a competitive product on the market... As I have a 3 year subscription with them I am semi forced into sticking with them.

Consequently I have upgraded my "Kaspersky Secure Connection" to the Pro version that gives me unlimited access... mush as Hideaway did.

Gents I don't know what the legal ramifications of this is, however, I consider this a forced restriction to trade... While I can always drop Kaspersky support (users choice) they should be forced to notify existing and prospective users of this restriction.

I'll leave this to the legal eagles.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:38 am

Version3.10.0 is available, and has dedicated BBC iPlayer and Netflix USA options. Should be working with Kaspersky too
alexkara
Mystified Moa

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi Nick, Thanks for the heads up.

When you mentioned "has dedicated BBC iPlayer and Netflix USA options" does that mean that it will only work with those two sites only (BBC iPlayer and Netflix USA).

I have bit the bullet and purchased Kaspersky's add-on, however, if Firetrust will wotrk on other USA sites as well, I'd rather support someone that doesn't hold me for ransom.

Alex
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi Alex

If you want to go to other sites, then just select a different server. We just set those two up as options to make it simple for people to use those if they felt like watching them. In the near future when we get the rest of the user interface finished you'll be able to switch those options on as well as securely connect to other sites in other locations. The user interface at the moment just lets you select one at a time.

Return to “HideAway”