London server not working?

rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: London server not working?

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Which browser do you use Brent ? Also, have you tried restarting the browser after setting HA to redirect for iPlayer ?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Also, does https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer load at all, or the entire page is trying to establish a connection. If the latter, do you have security software that might be blocking the new version of HideAway ?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Hey Brent, can you try restarting your PC as an additional option.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:39 am

Just a followup, try starting HideAway and connecting before opening your web browser. Sometimes the browser can hold on to old connections for 30 seconds or so.
bgarries
Student Sheep

Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi Nick.

I rebooted my computer after installing 3.10. I typically reboot every morning.

My main browser for iPlayer is Chrome. I set Hideaway for All Computer, London and Start before starting Chrome. I've also tried clearing cache and close Chrome then restart before accessing iPlayer but no change.

I just tried your link in Firefox and Chrome and have attached screen capture from Firefox (Chrome gives same result). Chrome give same result. Firefox gores through multiple TLS Handshake and Chrome does multiple Establishing Secure Connections during the page loading. Both browsers took multiple minutes to load a page.

My Internet Security is Panda Dome (latest version of Panda). I've tried turning off the anti virus part of Panda but there was no change in the behaviour. Just now, I turned off Antivirus, Firewall, and Safe Browsing in Panda and tried again to access iPlayer using Chrome. No change in behaviour.

Hope this info helps.

Regards,
Brent
Firefox iPlayer Page.JPG
Firefox iPlayer Page.JPG (43.36 KiB) Viewed 11691 times
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Thanks for that, what about if you try the 'Watch BBC iPlayer' option from the drop down list? The actual UK London server has been blocked by iPlayer, so we're using a different one for the 'Watch BBC iPlayer' option.
bgarries
Student Sheep

Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:07 am

Hi Nick.

I did try what you are suggesting last night. Just clicked my way through all the options on the text screens in order to get to the program I wanted to watch via a download. Got there, but because the pages stayed in text mode until the selected program page where there was a mixture of text navigation and incomplete graphic boxes for the program. when I selected the episode I wanted, there was no way to download it as I could not see the full page graphic where the download selection resides. There were multiple minutes between the loading of each page. I should have mentioned this in my last post,

I'll continue checking to see if things change and let you know if I see any difference. The last time I just got the text page, in a few days following, it want beck to the graphic page.

Regards,
Brent
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Can you try this

Make sure Browser is closed
Restart Computer
Start HideAway
Select Watch BBC iPlayer
Start Redirect
Open Browser
Go to BBC iPlayer
Does it work now?
bgarries
Student Sheep

Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:15 am

Hi Nick.

Tried your suggestion even going as far as closing Mailwasher before continuing with the sequence. No change in what I saw previously with the text screen in Chrome. Tried again this time turning off Anti Virus, Firewall, and Safe Browsing in Panda Dome and then using Firefox this time. Same results with the text screen.

Brent
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:30 pm

Thanks Nick .... with Beta 3.10 I'm able to play shows now using both the BBC iPlayer and London UK options to redirect but can't download them using the BBC Downloader. However it only works if I use Google Chrome and not Internet Explorer .... these are the only two browsers I've tried.

IE looks like it's going to work and lets me sign in and choose a PG option but when I hit PLAY it says 'This content doesn't seem to be working, Please try again later'

I CAN download shows though if I use the get_iplayer program and that even worked with Beta 3.9 even though I couldn't watch shows with that one.
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:53 pm

Ok, I imagine IE might not be supported as it's most likely been superseded by Microsoft Edge browser. We've not tried the iPlayer downloader but I that's easy enough for us to add some rules in for it so we'll look in to it.
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 pm

I'm so happy to have iPlayer back so thanks again and as AussieRodney said before "love your work" :bow
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!
Andrew42
Active Albatross

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:39 pm

London server still registering in France and Los Angeles registering in New Jersey. Any timetable to get this fixed?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:56 am

It's not up to us actually, so we can't do anything about it, but we've got a new UK server so we'll switch to that soon.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ shows Los Angeles in LA.
https://www.whatismyip.com/ shows Los Angeles in NJ. Some of these services are not very accurate, or are out of date. The server is actually in Los Angeles.
Andrew42
Active Albatross

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:32 pm

The US issue for me is not a concern since it still diverts to the US. The London one diverting to France is more of a concern.

Return to “HideAway”