Missing emails

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
lupine
Student Sheep

Re: Missing emails

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:41 pm

correct, my mail server uses spamassassin, but i held back from disabling it on my server until i could test whether removing my wife's gigantic gmail account (thousands of emails) would make a difference in performance.

mw hasn't skipped a beat after removing her account and disabling the 'group by arrived' display option. i'll be placing her account back and will see if the group option was the problem. i'll post back here after testing for a while.

btw thanks for your help, you're doing a great job.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:46 pm

Just checking, are you looking to cleanup the GMail account via MailWasher, which is why it was set to retrieve all those emails ?
lupine
Student Sheep

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:43 pm

yes.

btw just added the huge account and you guessed it, to much to handle.

i see where you are going with this and will ask wifey to clean up her account(s) before adding them, seems to be the 'can't see emails' problem is when an account has large amounts of emails (7K+ in this case).

we do have lecturers that have even more so may become an issue, as an example one of our guys has over 30K of email in the account. i know crazy but just human i guess.
Last edited by lupine on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:46 pm

lupine wrote:yes
OK good. I would recommend under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Origin of Spam >> uncheck any DNSBL servers enabled here, they can lag a bit which slows down the process. Doesn't usually matter, but in this case with so many emails it's worth it.
lupine
Student Sheep

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 pm

will try now, sorry but i updated the previous comment, i hope you read it.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:55 pm

There is no other security software on the machine that has email scanning ? Spam Assassin will not effect things being server side, but something local.
lupine
Student Sheep

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:00 pm

could be bitdefender or malwarebytes but i'm not sure?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:24 pm

Possibly, try this https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/su ... swer/2092/ and to uncheck the option to "Scan e-mails"

It may be that scanning is interfering with the download causing the error
lupine
Student Sheep

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:29 pm

will do, will let you know shortly. i also disabled antispam option to be sure.
lupine
Student Sheep

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:58 pm

disabled all of the bitdefender options for email, ran check email for my personal account, and it missed emails.

i removed and added my personal account to resync, restarted mw and missing emails appeared.

i then sent a test email for my work account and mw didn't see it with 'check email', didn't see the emails even after a restart of mw.

i sent a second email and performed a 'check email' on my account and still didn't see the new emails, even after restart.

removed my personal account and added back again, with 'check email', all emails were shown.

i think it has something to do with my wife's huge gmail account, will test further and let you know.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:01 pm

Couldn't hurt to go into Settings >> General >> Checking Mail >> set the Check Throttle to 1.
lupine
Student Sheep

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:08 pm

already done, it didn't make a difference, i still think it is my wife' gmail. will let you know.
lupine
Student Sheep

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 pm

update:

i've monitored for the last few days and mw hasn't skipped a beat, gotta love it. what did i do?

-replaced all of the suggested options settings back to default.
-set 'check throttle speed' to 5 (changed to 1 previously for testing)
-enabled all spam servers in 'set origin of spam' (disabled all for previous testing)
-'group by arrived' also enabled (disabled for testing)

i then set all mail accounts NOT to download read emails.
removed the large gmail account that contained over 6K emails BUT kept my wife's work account that contains over 3K emails
i enabled the email checking performed by bitdefender (disabled previously for testing)

i'm happy with the performance now but would like to add the big account if possible in the future, but not fussed.

lastly would like to say many thanks for the help provided.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”