Restore problem

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
akribie
Student Sheep

Restore problem

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Running 7.11.0 under Win10 x64Pro

Two Recycle Bin issues:

1. Only 7 of my12 email accounts are offered as target for restore from the bin.

2. Restore doesn't seem to work. I've tried pointing it at 2 of my available restore accounts, but even after a prolonged wait neither has appeared.

I've been running Mailwasher for many years and haven't noticed a restore problem before. Grateful for advice on a fix/workaround.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Restore problem

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:35 am

Can you send me some logs. It will be some configuration tweaking needed.

If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'from forum post' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> bottom left be sure you select to send the logs from an account that has a restore option in the bin >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent.

Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Great, got the logs.

Your akribie account should have the full email address as the username, under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming.

Then check the SMTP settings for each of your accounts (Settings >> Accounts >> select Outgoing tab). Other settings may work, for now it's best to go with the email providers recommendations. They should be as below, once you've made changes, try some restores and we can then look at logs further if need be.

<removed>
akribie
Student Sheep

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:08 pm

I had already double-checked all this. Please remove this list of my email addresses from public display. You are in breach of data protection rules.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:25 pm

akribie wrote:I had already double-checked all this. Please remove this list of my email addresses from public display. You are in breach of data protection rules.
No worries, have removed the mail servers.

Going against the logs you sent, almost none of your accounts had the correct/recommended SMTP settings. Your GMail account looked good, the others did not. So you'll need to fix those first.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:26 pm

I'd also recommend you set your GMail as the fallback. You can do that under Settings >> Recycle Bin >> Restoring.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”