$^&%$$##$ HELP

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Dr_Acula
It begins with a single step

$^&%$$##$ HELP

Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:50 am

Two weeks ago I was partially bald; today I am almost completely bald. WHY?? You may ask! No?? Well, I will tell you anyway.
I am trying to get MailWasher pro to hide spam e-mails (from my filter list, or the known spam list) as I don't want to see 300 spam mails each time I download my e-mail, but it won't co-operate. No matter what I do or what box I check, I still get to see all the spam.
I then tried using the "Delete Automatically" function and that wouldn't work either. I still got to see all the frigging spam e-mail.
I then tried selecting both options, 'Hide' the e-mail and 'auto-delete' e-mail, and guess what. YUP!!!!!!! It didn't work.

Is this really that much to ask for? To not have to see 500+ spam e-mails each day?

Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Or what I can do different to make MailWasher Pro "Hide" and/or "Auto-Delete" any e-mail I have designated as being spam and have on my blacklist?

Before I torn out ALL of what little hair I have left?

Thank You

Dr. Acula
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: $^&%$$##$ HELP

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:23 am

With the nearly complete lack of information you provided it is hard to solve your problem...

The key pieces of information in almost every ham/spam issue are the status column and the learning tool, what is MW telling you about the messages that aren't being dealt with as you'd like.

The help file in MW, this wiki ( http://wiki.castlecops.com/MailWasher_Pro ) the www.firetrust.com FAQ all have good info if you want to give them a go.

If not tell us what the status column is showing for each message and your learning column's status.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”