Need help recovering from a crash

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
linkup
Mystified Moa

Need help recovering from a crash

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:00 pm

Hello, I am running MWPro on a Win7Pro machine. I had a SSD as a boot drive which crashed.

I tried to figure this out on my own as I did it once before. I followed the instructions about installing MW. Then I copied my backed up AppData/Roaming/Firetrust/Mailwasher files from the backup to the new install.

Then I open MW and it acts like brand new. Asks me to set up my first email account and none of my info is there.

I am sure I am doing something stupid or missed something in the instructions?

Could I have been running an older version and it isn't compatible? I know the GUI looks different than the version I was running.

I can't find where to download V6?

Help please.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Need help recovering from a crash

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:10 pm

You can download the old MW 6 from here http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... -Setup.exe

Unfortunately this version also stores the settings and accounts in the Registry, your AppData/Roaming/Firetrust/Mailwasher files you copied only includes Friends List, Blacklist, Learning and the Recycle Bin. The settings and accounts will need to be set again.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Also to add, if you install v6, copy the files into ....\AppData\Roaming\MailWasherPro
The install process will create this folder, just wanted to note it's a slightly different path than the v7 folder.
linkup
Mystified Moa

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:30 pm

OK....after tyring to copy over again, I found what you just said about email setting not copying over. You didn't mention filters either. I care more about filters than I do anything else.

Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:54 pm

MailWasher 6 stores the filters as filters.txt within ....\AppData\Roaming\MailWasherPro
So long as you copy that file across it should work. Be sure MailWasher is not running when copying the files across.

MailWasher 7 uses a different format for filters, so those cannot be copied from 6 to 7.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”