When hitting the Mail Program, Outlook does not open.

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
enticer
Student Sheep

When hitting the Mail Program, Outlook does not open.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:58 am

I just did a full Win 10 install due to many problems loading Win 10 over top of Win 7. And what a pain that was after 8 years of slush on the old H/D. Anyway I install MW from the start and installed my backup accounts and such. Had to do some re-figuring on the IMAP and SMTP along with Port number changes. Every thing is working but the opening of my email program (MS Office Pro 2010). I have many different changes to see if I can get it to work. I know I am missing something but just can't put my finger on it. (no pun intended) Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated
enticer
Student Sheep

Re: When hitting the Mail Program, Outlook does not open.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:13 am

I also found that the Email Wash Settings does not read "Microsoft Outlook" and it says Hotmail, That I do not have. I tried the other 2 ways but do not see the install mail program.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:14 pm

I've heard of this happening when running an Outlook that has come pre-installed on the machine.

Try running a Repair on the Outlook install
https://www.companionlink.com/support/k ... 2013,_2016
or
https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... b40c5bb88b

If you've got the Office key handy, you can also install Microsoft direct version instead https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... oad/office of the preconfigured the PC maker would have put on
enticer
Student Sheep

Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:01 pm

The key I do have and had for awhile did not work, I just bought another MSOP program in a box and I will try that key. And if that doe snot work I will move up to 2013 or 2016
Thank you
enticer
Student Sheep

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:50 am

Is there a way to go deep to change the email program for MW to open. All that mine show is Hotmail, which I do not use. And the something that says "other program". Which does nothing. I did get a new KEY for the MS Outlook 2010 and now it works just fine. I also uninstalled MW and reinstall but that did nothing and di not pick up on the activated Outlook.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:33 am

If you select "Use Other Application" and click Browse, you should be able to manually navigate to the location of the Outlook EXE.
It should be something like C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\outlook.exe

Also if you had a shortcut to Outlook on your desktop for example, you should be able to select that also in MailWasher via the Browse.
enticer
Student Sheep

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:43 am

Neither works:

The 1st one: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\outlook.exe was not there, did find it in the Program Data file but did not work either. And I made a shortcut to the Desktop and that did not work. I will keep trying to play around with it.

Here is what I found and tried: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\outlook.exe Like you said but I get an error but the pic of Outlook is on the top line of the MW program
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 am

Check for C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX folders as well.

Assuming it's a regular Office install, and not a Win10 App, it should be present there somewhere
enticer
Student Sheep

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:07 am

This what did it :) .......... had to add the OUTLOOK.EXE extension to it. But it works. Thank you
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE
Tipiford
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:37 am

"If you select "Use Other Application. "Just where do you find "Use Other Application." in mailwasher?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:11 pm

Tipiford wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:37 am
"If you select "Use Other Application. "Just where do you find "Use Other Application." in mailwasher?
It's under Settings >> General >> Washing Mail >> the drop down for the mail program has the Other Application option.

Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”