"Evaluating Message"

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
bardos
Travelling Tuatara

"Evaluating Message"

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:27 am

Is there some way to turn off 'evaluating message" which takes a while to do its job and meanwhile hangs up the whole program?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: "Evaluating Message"

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:05 pm

If it's going slow, that will probably be the DNSBLs as they tend to be slowest. Try disabling those under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Origin of Spam ...see if it runs quicker then
bardos
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Did that a few days ago, unchecked the two spam servers and there was no change... Don't think I had this in the past... just lately
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:37 pm

OK, send me some logs, will see if it's noticeable where the slow down is.

Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'eval running slow' >> in Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent.

Cheers
bardos
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:48 pm

What I did was a complete uninstall and then a reinstall... I suspect that all my firetrust folders were top-heavy from one update after another over the years, because some "junk" in those folders never came back on the new fresh install. copied over my accounts file and good to go... I'll see if the "evaluating" behaviour is left in the dust.... thx
bardos
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:08 pm

New install solves any and every problem i had. Over the years I've been installing the upgrades one over the other. Starting fresh seems to work great
Danielf
Student Sheep

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:59 pm

bardos wrote:New install solves any and every problem i had. Over the years I've been installing the upgrades one over the other. Starting fresh seems to work great
I have done it but doesn't help.
I have still an issue with "evaluating" . It takes a while to do its job.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Daniel
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:25 am

I don't recall seeing logs about this. Send them again in either case.

Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'eval running slow' >> in Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent.

Cheers
Danielf
Student Sheep

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:58 am

Hi Chris,
I sent you the logs.

Best,
Daniel
Danielf
Student Sheep

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:48 am

Hi Chris,

Have you found a solution to my problem?
Thank you,
Daniel
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:30 am

Sorry Daniel, I've been on holiday while I move house/town

No, I didn't receive any logs. Can you instead go into Help >> User Files >> there will be a file called autosupport.eml >> right click on that >> Send To >> Mail Recipient >> email it to me at forum@firetrust.com

Thanks
Chris
Danielf
Student Sheep

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:42 am

rusticdog wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:30 am
Sorry Daniel, I've been on holiday while I move house/town

No, I didn't receive any logs. Can you instead go into Help >> User Files >> there will be a file called autosupport.eml >> right click on that >> Send To >> Mail Recipient >> email it to me at forum@firetrust.com

Thanks
Chris
Hi Chris,

I am sorry but I don't have a file called "autosupport.eml " .
I also noticed that sometimes Mailwasher is closing unexpectedly. I have uninstalled the program and reinstall it but it doesn't change.
The issues concerning " evaluating messages" are related to my different Gmail accounts. For my other accounts, it goes fast. On my laptop,
I am checking the same accounts ( including the Gmail accounts) but there, it goes fast for all my accounts.

Best,
Daniel
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:37 am

OK, can you go into Help >> User Files >> look for error.log, if present, email me that to forum@firetrust.com

Also there will be a Logs folder, go into that >> click on todays date folder >> email me the contents of that folder to address above.

Cheers
Danielf
Student Sheep

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi Chris,

I sent you the files at forum@firetrust.com

Best,
Daniel
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:06 pm

OK great, got them.

Your diamonds account is failing to logon, this will mean MW is likely timing out after 30 seconds, increasing the speed.

Your dafra3 and dafra1 also show a failed logon the 2nd time, working the first. As well as your Yahoo also failing both times...

All these accounts are using OAUTH, and I see from the logs you sent you are using Avast. My first thought is that Avast is causing some issues. I would recommend disabling any Avast email scanning and see how things go

Hopefully these links help
https://support.avast.com/en-nz/article ... d-settings

https://help.avast.com/en/av_free/17/se ... basic.html

If that's no good, try disabling OAUTH for the accounts under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> disable Use OAUTH >> Save.
For your GMail accounts you will need to be sure Less Secure Apps is set to ON here https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1
For Yahoo it's here https://login.yahoo.com/account/securit ... ecure-apps

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”