Delay in mail transferring to Outlook

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Rebel
Mystified Moa

Delay in mail transferring to Outlook

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 am

Can anyone advise me why I am having a delay of several hours or longer in mail transferring after hitting wash mail?

Here is the scenario
I have Outlook set up Deselect Schedule an automatic send and receive every ( ) minutes checkbox.

Every so often i wash mail which launches Outlook and some e-mails transfer OK which are marked as being good transfer immediately but others don't

Good example an e-mail showed in MW pro 7 as arriving at 16.28 marked it as good and have washed mail and also done send and receive several times from then on with Outlook

E-mail finally appeared in my inbox on Outlook at 23.50 even thought the received time shows email arrived at 16.28

Hope this make sense as I am losing what little hair I have with this
Rebel
Mystified Moa

Re: Delay in mail transferring to Outlook

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Any thoughts on this,otherwise MWP is being removed?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:41 pm

Sorry Rebel, I missed this post.

MailWasher doesn't prevent Outlook from being able to retrieve messages.

If the message is showing in MailWasher, it should be available. You have the automatic Send/Receive turned off, but after you Wash Mail, and do the manual Send/Receive in Outlook, the messages don't come in ?
Rebel
Mystified Moa

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:17 am

My turn to apologise for delay in replying, the e-mails do eventually arrive,another example just now, e-mail sent to me, displayed in MWP at 12.34, have done many manual send receives since then, mail finally downloads into Outlook at 15.10, even though it says it arrived at 12.34 on Outlook it only appeared there at 15.0, hope this makes sense, please feel free to contact me for any more details/information
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Very odd.

If you send yourself an email, Check Mail in MailWasher to get it showing, then manually Send/Receive in Outlook, how long till that email arrives ?

I take it too, this is just with your virginmedia account ?

Lastly, in MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> is it a POP or IMAP account.
Then also check the same in Outlook, instructions on how to check that can be found here https://help.one.com/hc/en-us/articles/ ... look-2016-
Once you hit Step 4, that screen will show you if it's POP or IMAP.
Rebel
Mystified Moa

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Thanks for coming back to me,I have just done a series of test e-mails, time has varied between straight away and app 8 minutes,no problem at all with these sort of times, it's when it's couple of hours which is where the frustration occurs.

Account is IMAP on both MWP and Outlook

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:15 pm

I would double check the account is defined in the Send Receive group https://support.office.com/en-ie/articl ... f568a918d0
Though you've disabled the timer, the manual check will use those settings.

Do you have any AddOns installed ?

Click File > Options > Add-ins
Towards the bottom of the window, where it says Manage, click the Go button
Will display the installed AddOns

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”