Mail disappearing

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
anniefriday
Mystified Moa

Mail disappearing

Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 pm

MW 7.12.29 and I think I know why. updates.aiu appeared in the C:\ProgramData\Firetrust\updates\ at about the time that my mail started disappearing today. MW loads the emails from Outlook.com but has stopped synching with MS Outlook 2007 and at the next sweep for mail, the mail disappears from MW. I've looked in all the folders and nothing there. Can I delete updates.aiu and if I do, will that solve my problem? Mail downloads directly from Outlook.com to MS Outlook just fine but that means I will be unable to use MW.
anniefriday
Mystified Moa

Re: Mail disappearing

Fri May 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Never mind. I went ahead and deleted updates.aiu and MW is working again now.
anniefriday
Mystified Moa

Fri May 22, 2020 8:48 pm

I spoke too soon. Deleting the file allows MW to open MS Outlook and receive emails now but MW is deleting emails from MW's Inbox after a few minutes without being instructed to do so (the deletions seem to correspond with the mail checks). I've set MS Outlook to leave a copy on the server and the emails are still there so it's MW that is the culprit. I cant find any setting that instructs it to do this so would appreciate some help please.
anniefriday
Mystified Moa

Sat May 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Well aside from deleting emails that I've forwarded to myself from outlook.com (the emails I wasnt originally able to download to MS Outlook), it seems to be behaving itself so I'll leave it at that.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 23, 2020 9:42 pm

Hi there

OK sure thing, let us know if there are any further issues. Something doesn't sound quite right, but might have been a temporary server hiccup.
E Notting
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:24 am

HELLO
I am running Mailwasher 7.11 free. Everything has worked alright but the last couple of days a single incoming mail was not passsed through to Thunderbird. In all cases they were not marked as spam or for delete and it was not the same e-mail each time. Its on Windows 7
Is there any particular reason for this? It has not been updated during this period

Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:08 pm

E Notting wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:24 am
HELLO
I am running Mailwasher 7.11 free. Everything has worked alright but the last couple of days a single incoming mail was not passsed through to Thunderbird. In all cases they were not marked as spam or for delete and it was not the same e-mail each time. Its on Windows 7
Is there any particular reason for this? It has not been updated during this period

Thanks
MailWasher shouldn't be stopping a single email from coming into ThunderBird. If you check the account in webmail, do you see the message that ThunderBird will not load ?
Also check your Junk folder in ThunderBird in case it moved the message there.
E Notting
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:27 am

Hi
Thank you for your comments. Its pleasing to know that all mail should go through and is not due to me missing something in the settings.
No sign of anything in the Trash foldder but cannot see one marked Junk, only a setting apply junk check to a folder . I have no need for mail on the go so my system is set up for POP3 mail, not web mail, so I can save and retain mail if I wish to do so.
I am not sure what account I am supposed to be looking at in web mail to see if there is a message about it not going to Thunderbird but of course I have no web maill accounts.
The good news is that one of the missing mails has now turned up in Thunderbird last night so I don't know where it has been. I cannot remember the other one but I am now keeping a check to look for any omissions.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:44 am

OK sure thing.
When I say webmail, I mean accessing the account via website, so assuming it's Zen then the site is https://webmail.zen.co.uk/
You would logon there using the same username/password for the account you use for POP access. Just to see if the missing email is showing there, as that Inbox is the same that MailWasher and ThunderBird will be seeing.
E Notting
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 am

HELLO
Many thanks for clarifying that. I have been able to access the webmail box as you sugested and it was empty. I can check again if I have further problems.
Thanks for your help

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”