Mailwasher setting files???

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Fred
Mystified Moa

Mailwasher setting files???

Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:09 am

Where are the Mailwasher settign files such as email accounts saved? They are not in the program/Firetrust folder and I already looked in my application folder.

thanks
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mailwasher setting files???

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:33 am

The Windows version of MW uses the Windows registry for saving that type of information. Sure using an .ini file would be easier for users but Gates and crew want everyone to use the registry.
Fred
Mystified Moa

Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:16 pm

Ok thanks. I found the setting in the rgistry. I removed one of the bad email accounts but don't see a key to This server requires a secure connection (SSL). I need this key so a check is put in this setting in Mailwasher for each Gmail account. I played with the security keys their but noe put a check in this setting. Any idea as to when they will fix this Out of Memory issue in ver 6.2?
I found severial other boards with people having this same issue and thought this was the company support site but it does not look like it is.

Thanks for the help.
stan_qaz wrote:The Windows version of MW uses the Windows registry for saving that type of information. Sure using an .ini file would be easier for users but Gates and crew want everyone to use the registry.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 pm

This is a user to user site for the most part with some assistance from Firetrust. This is listed on their main website as a support forum, castlecops also has some mailwasher forums, not sure where else you'd have seen anything. You did get a couple responses from them on your out-of-memory thread.

Getting support on registry issues in a public forum doesn't happen very often, neither the firetrust folks or most of the users, too much downside if someone hoses something. You might try their e-mail support where in a 1 on 1 situation they might give you more info on the registry settings.

I can't help with registry issues. I don't use the Windows version so all my settings are in nice simple text files, no, you can't have one, they discontinued the original Linux version and are working towards a replacement but not soon.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:58 pm

As SSL isn't enabled there will be no value in the Registry. If you go into the account registry setting, create a new Strong value called "pop uses ssl" with the quotes, and set it to true
mlrichardson
Active Albatross

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:08 am

I'm missing something... If you're removing an entry from the registry, why do you care about the ssl issue? And, if you're trying to change the ssl setting in an existing email account, you should just be able to go to that account in the tools/email accounts screen, then select the account in the left column, click on the "Advanced Account Options" bar, and click the check box next to "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" That should be there because MWP does its own reading of the registry to get the info, making it unnecessary for you to do it.

Crazy as it may sound. I just had 6.2.1 go completely bye bye when I tried to install it, and spent the better part of two days trying to get a working MWP up and running! In that process, I, too, had to set both the POP server and SMTP server to ssl, (many, many times!) so I had that much well under control when I read this post!
Last edited by mlrichardson on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Richardson
MS Windows 10 Pro
Vipre Internet Security
Firefox 27.0, Thunderbird 24.3.0, MWPro, WP Office X3

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.
Mark Twain
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:20 am

Mike, he has two topics going on the same issue, he is getting an out-of-memory error when he tries to make changes.

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=175
Fred
Mystified Moa

Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Thanks for the pop uses ssl for the registry it worked so at least now I am gettign mail again on my 8 accounts. Can now wait till they fix the Out of memory issue to allow me to change other things in the settings.
thanks again.

rusticdog wrote:As SSL isn't enabled there will be no value in the Registry. If you go into the account registry setting, create a new Strong value called "pop uses ssl" with the quotes, and set it to true
Fred
Mystified Moa

Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:13 pm

You are correct two issues. I had to delete one email account that is no longer used and did that in the regisrty as I could not delete it in Mailwasher 6.2.1 because it kepgiving me out of memory. Then in order to get my mail as I could not put the chek in the mailwasher I needed to kn w whatsetting to add or chage in theregistry to do this. It worked and at least for now Iam getting my mail. Will wait till they fix the out of memory issue to setup the spam reporting.

thanks
stan_qaz wrote:Mike, he has two topics going on the same issue, he is getting an out-of-memory error when he tries to make changes.

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=175

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”