Auto-delete

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
jrmelton44
It begins with a single step

Auto-delete

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:04 am

How can I auto-delete spam? I have been getting many spam messages lately, and though the Sender field is always different, all of them contain the following characters: (support. I would like to auto-delete these messages, so that I never even see them. I have consulted the Help topic and gone into Settings to set up a filter, but apparently I am doing something wrong. I would appreciate any help. JRM
Elektra
Active Albatross

Re: Auto-delete

Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:02 pm

I find that auto-delete no longer works since this latest version. I have a filter set up especially for auto-delete items that previously worked but today the mails that should be auto-deleted appear in the list checkmarked as spam (red).
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:11 pm

jrmelton44 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:04 am
How can I auto-delete spam? I have been getting many spam messages lately, and though the Sender field is always different, all of them contain the following characters: (support. I would like to auto-delete these messages, so that I never even see them. I have consulted the Help topic and gone into Settings to set up a filter, but apparently I am doing something wrong. I would appreciate any help. JRM
Sorry missed this post.

I take it your filter is correctly tagging the emails for delete, and showing the filter status in the Status column ?
Under the filter Action tab, is the option to 'Auto-delete this email'.

Elektra wrote: I find that auto-delete no longer works since this latest version. I have a filter set up especially for auto-delete items that previously worked but today the mails that should be auto-deleted appear in the list checkmarked as spam (red).
Should be working. If you manually stop the checking mail, this will cancel the auto-delete process. Also are any other spam tools tagging these messages, like Friends List etc .. ?
Elektra
Active Albatross

Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:49 pm

I am not manually stopping the mail check and the spammer concerned is not in my friends list. Would you like me to send you logs?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Elektra wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:49 pm
I am not manually stopping the mail check and the spammer concerned is not in my friends list. Would you like me to send you logs?
Yeah if you could, be sure to put chris in the Ticket Number field
Also if you can a screenshot of MailWasher showing the message that didn't autodelete would also be good, can be sent to forum@firetrust.com

Cheers
Elektra
Active Albatross

Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:35 am

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I never receive a mail to inform me that a reply has been made so I just clocked-in to check.
Anyway, I have nothing in my message list at the moment but the spammer concerned sends me at least 2 every day so, now I know what to do, I will deal with that when I next get one or more of those mails.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:08 pm

Have replied to your email.

Lemme know if problems persist.

Cheers
Elektra
Active Albatross

Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:17 pm

I sent logs to Chris last night. I did take a screenshot as requested but did not have time to send it to you. I will send it when I get to the office today.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”