Help using Hideaway with Linux Mint and Android

Tasmedic
Rattled Rabbit

Help using Hideaway with Linux Mint and Android

Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:21 pm

Hi Folks

Can anyone help me install Hideaway in Linux Mint, or on my android devices?

I'm quite prepared to be spoon fed ways to do this.... although it would be nice if there were easy ways to configure Hideaway on these platforms.

If not, are there any plans to provide apps for these operating systems?

Bests, and Season's Greetings.

Tasmedic
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Help using Hideaway with Linux Mint and Android

Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi Tasmedic

You won't be able to get it working on Linux or Android as it stands as it's currently only using a Windows driver. That said, we actually develop it on Linux, so it's cross platform but we haven't yet finished that up as we'd need to get the driver working on Linux. We want to finish the Windows features first then get it working on Linux and Mac, otherwise it's a bit tricky trying to do all 3 at once and then making large changes.

As for Android, work on this continues. It's been a real hassle to get right because we want it to be fast like the PC version, but we're getting closer.
Tasmedic
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:42 am

I'm finding Hideaway great on my PC, but still need to see it become available for my android and Linux devices.

I see on the forum that questions have been asked about it being ported to Android since at least 2019! It's been a crazy year, but hope you can get some software turned out for at the very least, your Android users, in the near future.

I know it's much more important to do it right than to do it quickly, but, C'mon guys and gals,...!
Bests

Chris.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:42 pm

Yeah sorry - it's driving us all a bit nuts. We're going quite deep with it so it will always be fast no matter what new web technologies come out in the future and have one last thing to fix with it that is holding us back - but it's taking a very long time to solve. We must almost be there though.

Return to “HideAway”