Can't see mails

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Can't see mails

Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:28 am

I'm an MW Pro user since 1998. Due to my garbage bank, I am no longer permitted to access my account unless it is on my smartphone. Although I have one, I never use it because there's no cellphone coverage where I live. The site accepts my login and password and then sends me a mail to click on a verification link. I get that mail on my PC but not on my smartphone. MW mobile merely says there are no mails.

I cannot click on the link on my PC because I then get locked out for 3 days due to the IP address not being the same as that of the one used to login with. As you can imagine, this is a serious issue for me. MW mobile was my only hope here because my ISP asks me to install their webmail app but to do that I first have to login to my Google account and when I try that I get a message telling me my browser is insecure (Chrome) and that I should use another one. This is all nonsense and highly frustrating so I'm hoping you guys can help me get to see that verification mail within MW mobile, please.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Can't see mails

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:37 am

Hi

MW Mobile is pretty basic and only checks the mail every 10 minutes in the background. You can swipe down on the screen a few times to get it to check more often and display the emails, but I suspect the real problem might be that Gmail is not showing an emails in MW Mobile at all.

In that case you'll need to make an app password for Gmail to be used in MW Mobile. This is a special password which gets generated by Gmail to be used in the MW Mobile app.

Use step 2 in these instructions, and input the generated password in to MW Mobile.
https://www.firetrust.com/products/mail ... quirements
Elektra
Active Albatross

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:25 am

I'm not using Gmail, Nick.

Mail checking every 10 mins on an automatic basis is the cause of the problem. Ideally, I should be able to switch off auto mail checking and just work manually as I do with my PC. Incidentally, I have 2 mail accounts on that phone and I attempted checking from one to the other several times but nothing was displayed. On the other hand, the verification mails were shown in MW Pro. Could it be that if mails are shown in one version of MW, they cannot be displayed in another at the same time? I would have thought that to be impossible because MW is supposed to check mails that are still on the server.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:39 am

Is it a POP3 account? If you've downloaded your emails to your PC, then they'll no longer be on the server with pop3 (usually). But if you're using IMAP then you'll be able to see emails on both at the same time.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 pm

Yes, it is a POP3 account however, the mails were not downloaded. They were only visible in MW Pro which should mean they were still on the server yet MW mobile was unable to see them.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:18 pm

Do you see any emails at all at any time in MW Mobile? Can you delete the account in MW Mobile and re-add it?
Elektra
Active Albatross

Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:16 pm

Yes, I do see mails in MW Mobile. It's just these 2-step verification mails it doesn't want to acknowledge. I don't think deleting the account and re-adding it would change anything because it does see mails. The problem appears to come from this 10 minute mail check setting which you say we cannot alter. I'm fairly certain that MW Mobile would see these verification mails if I wait 10 mins but by then their period of validity has expired because I have a maximum of 3 mins to click on the link.

What I should try is launching the verification mail and then launching MW Mobile immediately afterwards although I am not sure how long MWM requires to synchronize?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:04 am

When you swipe down to sync, the first time it goes off to the server to request the emails be downloaded, then wait a bit for the emails to actually be downloaded to the server, then swipe down again and it should bring them in to MW Mobile.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:46 am

Ok, I will try that when I can get around to it. Regretfully, I'm rather busy at the moment. Hopefully I will find the time next week.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”