ITV Catch Up TV Not working

paulelsa
Student Sheep

ITV Catch Up TV Not working

Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:01 am

I mainly use HideAway to watch UK TV. Most of the time it works perfectly except when I'm using ITV. I have set up an ITV account. I can watch live shows without a problem but when I try to watch catch-up I get an error message.The same problems happens on all browsers and even if I have cleared the cache. I use UBlock ad blocker but have it turned off. I can get it to work if I log on and off my ITV account but that doesn't always work. Any suggestions?
ITV.JPG
ITV.JPG (65.26 KiB) Viewed 8631 times
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Re: ITV Catch Up TV Not working

Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Hi paulelsa, like you I mainly watch UKTV and have had the same issue with ITV for a while but have been able to get it to play by just reloading the page over and over (and over!) rather than hitting the Refresh option they give you. I can't say it always works as often I just go watch something on BBC iPlayer instead but it's worth a try if you haven't already! It only works for me with the Adblocker off though otherwise when you hit play you just get a black screen :D
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!
paulelsa
Student Sheep

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:38 pm

Hi, poundgirl, I'm glad it's not just me. It's weird that you can watch ITV live but not catch up. The problem with the catch-up seems to have got worse over time. When I first signed up it worked most times after logging on and off and it even worked with the ad blocker activated - so I could watch without ads. Then I figured ad blocker may have something to do with it and turned it off. That worked for the first couple of times, but now it's become even more difficult to log-on. The problem is across all browsers and clearing cache and history doesn't work. I wonder if there is something else that could be deleted from the computer itself that might free things up. Maybe someone else on the forum who might have some ideas?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:24 pm

Hi, we're aware of this and are trying to find a solution.
paulelsa
Student Sheep

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:49 pm

Thank you Nick, that will be great. I'm loving HideAway
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:37 pm

I was going to say that Nick's probably the only one that could figure out the problem but he's one step ahead of us!

Just did a test and tried six different random shows and got them all to play on both Chrome and Firefox but sometimes it only took a few reloads and once nearly twenty so seems fairly random :?
And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!
paulelsa
Student Sheep

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:40 am

It seems to be working perfectly now. If you did something Nick, thank you very much :bow
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:25 pm

Tried ITV again after reading your post paulelsa and got OOPS on quite a few and had to keep reloading them to play but a couple came up straight away so still quite random for me :D
paulelsa
Student Sheep

Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:18 pm

Umm it WAS working perfectly. After getting about half a dozen shows to start first time, I'm getting the Oops again. After signing in and out 4 times I managed to get a program to play. I tried again straight after and gave up after 12 sign-in attempts to get a show playing.
The method I've been using is after getting the Oops notification I would sign out, then refresh the browser (at the top - not on the notification) That would get the play button and when I pushed that the log-in prompt would appear. So I log in and it either works or I'd get another Oops
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:42 pm

paulelsa I never log out before reloading and that works for me! Since your post yesterday I've got every program to play but the number of reloads required does vary from zero to a dozen or more just like before :D
paulelsa
Student Sheep

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:47 pm

poundgirl I'm becoming more confident about using ITV now. Refreshing one after the other nearly always works eventually and is much less time consuming than logging in and out each time until it connects. Having said that if a solution can be found that will be even better.
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:04 pm

paulelsa I think their priority will be to get the rules happening first so we might have a bit of a wait! But as long as we can manage to watch the programs we want to then we should get by till then :D

Edited to add: And if you need a new Adblocker then the Google Extension ITVSlayer works for me!
paulelsa
Student Sheep

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:37 pm

Thank you
paulelsa
Student Sheep

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:37 pm

Thank you
kaylinsshaws
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:39 pm

I completely understand how frustrating it can be when a specific streaming service, like ITV, gives you trouble with catch-up content.

Return to “HideAway”