After PROCESS Mail, Mail list remains

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
angelah
Travelling Tuatara

After PROCESS Mail, Mail list remains

Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:43 am

Forgive me if this is a double post. I got an error message when I just tried to post this problem.

I reintalled Mailwahser Pro this weekend and it seemed to work fine. I had to fix an Outlook PST file with the help of Microsoft yesterday and now the mail is downloading but also sitting in Mailwasher Pro and not clearing after I "process mail", there are about 30 messages in there now and I'm not sure which are new and which I have downloaded. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

THANK YOU.
davews
Travelling Tuatara

Re: After PROCESS Mail, Mail list remains

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:57 am

This will be a change in your Outlook settings - there will be one to tell it to delete mail from the server once you have downloaded it, maybe an Outlook user can point you in the right direction. Remember that Mailwasher is totally seperate from your email program, all 'process' does is delete any spam mail you have set it to do then open your email program. Anything after that is totally the job of your email program.
angelah
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:06 am

Thanks for the reply.
I clicked on every setting imaginable in Outlook and can't find it, so I'd love some advice. It worked fine up until yesterday.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:22 am

It is somewhere in the account setup section, there are various options under a heading of "leave mail on server".

Can't tell you more specifically where as my e-mail is too important to me to risk using Outlook.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”