mwSummary.log

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
pjholloway
Rattled Rabbit

mwSummary.log

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:19 am

Since a computer crash, when I start MW Pro I get an error "Unable to create summary file mwSummary.log. Access is denied."
I have tried System Restore, a complete uninstall (including deleting all related files and folders) and reinstall, and have done 2 chkdsk's. MW Pro still seems to work.
Does anyone know what mwSummary.log actually does, and if I can live without it, or even better how to get rid of this error?

I'm running XP Pro SP3 BTW.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: mwSummary.log

Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:42 am

It should be a file in your MW data directory, open help, about and click the link there to get to it.

Not sure what is going wrong but deleting the existing old log might help out.
pjholloway
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:28 am

Apologies for the delay in replying.
Thanks Stan, but I already tried that.
I just used an Uninstaller program to completely remove Mailwasher Pro from my system. I made sure all files and folders were deleted (apart from a backup of my Blacklist and Filters) reinstalled, and got the same error. This doesn't make any sense at all to me.
I think I'll contact Tech Support, see if they have any bright ideas.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:47 am

Did you delete the files from the program directory or the one shown in the link from the help-about menus?

rusticdog, the main firetrust support guy here should be bu early Monday morning New Zealand time and might have another suggestion.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:41 pm

The summary.Log file contains the summary of emails, so it's required for Statistics and also the Recycle Bin.

In MW click Help >> About >> open the link to where MW stores the data files >> go back to MW and close the program so it is not running >> back in the folder you just opened, locate this file and delete it.

Try opening MW again and see if that helps.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”