mail not processing

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Margy
Rattled Rabbit

mail not processing

Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:27 pm

My mail is coming into mailwasher but is not then going into my outlook express. I have go to my ISP webmail to see it. It has always worked until a few days ago. When I go to Mail program it opens my outlook express but when I click on send/receive the emails are not transferred. Anyone have any ideas what I may have inadvertently clicked on or off. Thanks
berny
Travelling Tuatara

Re: mail not processing

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:23 am

Margy wrote:My mail is coming into mailwasher but is not then going into my outlook express.
Check this option in Oultook Express

=> OE => Extra => Accounts => General tab => Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing

Berny
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:07 am

This is a basic misconception of how MW operates. I'll cover that first, MW does not in any way interact with your e-mail program or control its ability to collect messages. The only connection between your e-mail program and MW is that MW can ask Windows to launch your e-mail program. MW does nothing more than go to your mail server and grab a preview of each message there, shows you the preview and lets you select messages for deletion, then deletes the messages you selected. Once that has happened MW has nothing further to do wit your mail but it may ask Windows to start your mail program for you.

If your mail program is not getting mail and MW is then you have a problem with your e-mail program. If berny's suggestion doesn't work you might look for an E forum to get some help.
Margy
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:36 pm

Thanks for your help my account setup was incorrect, and I have now fixed it.
Thank you
Margy

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”