Mailwasher Pro 6.2 : Out of memory

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Fred
Mystified Moa

Mailwasher Pro 6.2 : Out of memory

Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Whats the deal with this error and why no mention of it hear on you support board?
How do you fix this? Get it when tring to enter the email address to report spam to on the SPAMCOP setting. Also get it when trying to change setting in any email account.

Also get error "access violation at address 0076462f in module 'mailwasher.exe' read of address 00000004"

Also why no mention of these problems on this site but on other sites?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher Pro 6.2 : Out of memory

Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi Fred

I think it's a fairly obscure error introduced in the new version. Have a look under Settings >> Connection Options >> check to see if you have an Proxy information entered, if so remove this and see how that goes

Thanks
Chris
gastrad
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:24 pm

Fred wrote:Whats the deal with this error and why no mention of it hear on you support board?
How do you fix this? Get it when tring to enter the email address to report spam to on the SPAMCOP setting. Also get it when trying to change setting in any email account.

Also get error "access violation at address 0076462f in module 'mailwasher.exe' read of address 00000004"

To perhaps test click on "Settings = > Recycle Bin Options" then, click on the button [Empty Recycle Bin] and the button [Clear Message Logs] what will put at 0 the size of the file "Trash.rot135".
Fred
Mystified Moa

Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:57 am

Sorry won't work as it won't let me remove the Proxy info as it give the Out of Memory error.
rusticdog wrote:Hi Fred

I think it's a fairly obscure error introduced in the new version. Have a look under Settings >> Connection Options >> check to see if you have an Proxy information entered, if so remove this and see how that goes

Thanks
Chris
Fred
Mystified Moa

Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:59 am

Sorry that did not help at all. Still won't let me change mail settings or remove a mail account as it still gives Out of Memory error.

gastrad wrote:
Fred wrote:Whats the deal with this error and why no mention of it hear on you support board?

To perhaps test click on "Settings = > Recycle Bin Options" then, click on the button [Empty Recycle Bin] and the button [Clear Message Logs] what will put at 0 the size of the file "Trash.rot135".
gastrad
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:45 am

Fred wrote:Sorry that did not help at all. Still won't let me change mail settings or remove a mail account as it still gives Out of Memory error.
Hi Fred

I am also sorry not to be able to help you.

Thanks
mlrichardson
Active Albatross

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:43 am

Stan gave me this thread as a continuum to what I responded to, and I gotta tell ya, I know from which you speak! I got into that same error situation when I tried to install 6.2.1 over 6.2. Something caused a complete crash. I don't know what. I tried to run 6.2.1, but got the same error you're receiving. I reinstalled 6.2.1, but then I couldn't do anything after I put in the server info. I got the error, and would have to just click on the "kill" button in the upper right. I realized almost(!) immediately the problem was something caused by 6.2.1, but uninstalling it and reinstalling 6.2 didn't change the situation. At that point, I used RevoUninstaller in "safe" mode to completely uninstall the program and clear the registry entries. That, too, didn't help. The problem was still there when I reinstalled 6.2. RevoUnistaller one more time, and this time I turned off the computer before I did anything else. (Turned it OFF, not just restarted.) When I reinstalled 6.2 then, all came up just fine. It's what's left in memory when you load the registry that's the problem. You need to clear memory by shutting down after the uninstall. When I then installed 6.2.1 over 6.2, it came through OK. Don't ask me why! Anyway, if that helps, maybe what happened to me has some value after all!
Mike Richardson
MS Windows 10 Pro
Vipre Internet Security
Firefox 27.0, Thunderbird 24.3.0, MWPro, WP Office X3

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.
Mark Twain
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:40 pm

Fred, could you email me a debug file. Go into MailWasher, click Help >> About >> enable logging and click on the link to open directory containing the data files >> close MailWasher >> go back to the folder you just opened and send the mailwasherpro_debug.txt file.

If you can email to mw-beta*firetrust.com (replacing * with @)

Thanks
Chris
Andrew
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:32 am

I had the same problem after upgrading to 6.2.1
It turns out I had installed Privoxy a week earlier and so I now had a proxy value in my internet settings. Uninstalling Privoxy and removing the proxy in the Internet settings allows me to save the MWP settings again.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm struggling to reproduce this, tried using Privoxy and GhostSurf on XP. I would like to get Registry data if possible as that may help, if someone who had this issue can provide it please email me on mw-beta@firetrust.com and I'll get in touch with instructions.

Thanks
Alien
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:23 am

I had this issue with 6.2.1 as well.

6.2.1 with proxy turned off in Control Panel > Internet Options = ok.
6.2.1 with proxy turned on in Control Panel > Internet Options = FUBAR. :(

I was on 6.1 for ages with no probs [except the not remembering recycle bin date setting bug, & recycle bin window size/position bug], then installed 6.2.1, which is when it crapped out. Got the Out of Memory error immediately on running 6.2.1, before the main window even showed up. Had to uninstall 6.2.1 & go back to 6.1 in the end.

Rustic: which reg key do you want?

I'm running XP64 SP2, in case that makes any difference [it shouldn't].
No crops were circled, or animals mutilated in the making of this sig.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:28 am

Probably the Software Firetrust key for your user.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Pretty sure we've fixed this problem now, new bug fix version will be released soon.
Alien
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:55 pm

Cool, thanks. Let us know when it's ready. 8)
No crops were circled, or animals mutilated in the making of this sig.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”