Mailwasher Font Problems

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
AlexB
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher Font Problems

Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:53 am

I know that this has been raised before but I'd like to mention another aspect of this ongoing problem.

As background, Mailwasher Pro is one of the "must have" programs on my PC but it is becoming increasingly unusable for the reasons described below. I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 and recently acquired a 24-inch HP monitor with a native resolution of 1920 x 1200.

At that resolution, email message headers are virtually unreadable, because the characters are so small, and I have to use Vista larger scale (120 DPI) text to get round this issue. However, when I do this, some settings screens become unusable because various text items and buttons are either not displayed or only partially displayed. If anyone in Firetrust would like to see examples, I'm happy to provide screen shots.

As far as I know, there is no current solution to this problem -- a problem which is going to become more widespread as more and more users move to bigger screens with higher native resolutions.

Finally, I've just installed V6.2.3 and the problem remains. It's such a pity in an otherwise great product.

AlexB
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mailwasher Font Problems

Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:23 pm

I think there is a registry tweak for the display issues, try this

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?p=1553#p1553

The problem is that MW uses Windows font settings so you are really limited in what you can do, it would be great to have local font control.
AlexB
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:32 am

Thank you for pointing me at this registry tweak. Unfortunately, after applying it, the problem still exists.

Hopefully Firetrust will fix this in the not too distant future. Local font control would be a major step in the right direction.

AlexB
AlexB
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:38 am

Eureka! It's OK now. I missed the sentence about closing Mailwasher before running the registry tweak.

What a difference.

AlexB

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”