Importing accounts

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Knotty
Rattled Rabbit

Importing accounts

Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Mailwasher Pro 6.0

I cannot import account settings using the wizard from Thunderbird version 2.0.0.16 (20080708) the fields are all blank :?:
mlrichardson
Active Albatross

Re: Importing accounts

Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:58 am

The wizard only works with the following email clients: Outlook, Outlook Express, IncrediMail, Netscape Messenger and Eudora Mail. Although you would think since Netscape Messenger is listed, T-bird would work. I find I get nothing, too, so T-bird is not one the wizard knows. Sorry. A little cutting and pasting will get the job done without a great deal of pain.
Mike Richardson
MS Windows 10 Pro
Vipre Internet Security
Firefox 27.0, Thunderbird 24.3.0, MWPro, WP Office X3

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.
Mark Twain
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am

6.0 is a pretty old version, you might want to go to www.firetrust.com and download the most recent release. Upgrades to MW are free.
Knotty
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:18 pm

stan_qaz wrote:6.0 is a pretty old version, you might want to go to http://www.firetrust.com and download the most recent release. Upgrades to MW are free.
I've just upgraded and Thunderbird is still not supported, what a joke!!!! come on Firetrust SUPPORT ACCOUNT IMPORTS FROM MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD (one of the web's most popular email client)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:21 pm

It wasn't implied that ThunderBird was supported for account import in version 6.2.

Either way, supporting ThunderBird is on the list of things to do for the rewrite version, though this is some time off.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”