Specifying a mail program to open in MailWasher

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Specifying a mail program to open in MailWasher

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:01 pm

In MailWasher click Settings >> under General Options beside "Launch Email Program after processing" click Specify >> either select your desired mail program from the list, or using the "..." button you can manually navigate to the location of your email program executable.
Specify.jpg
Specify.jpg (137.9 KiB) Viewed 32943 times
bronco_gordo
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Specifying a mail program to open in MailWasher

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:50 am

hi

I am using Outlook 2010 Beta, however, I cannot locate it's outlook.exe file on my pc. The command to run Outlook 2010 from the start, programs menu on my Windows 7 PC is:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Virtualization Handler\CVH.EXE" "Microsoft Outlook 2010 (Beta) 2014006204090000"

When I insert this command in to MW Pro, it opens a new instance of Outlook 2010 each time I process mail.

Has anyone else got MW Pro working with Outlook 2010 Beta and if so, how?

I cannot simply specify to use Microsoft Outlook, as I also have Outlook 2007 installed in a separate folder.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:11 am

Try adding a space and /recycle to the end of the command when entered into MailWasher, so ...

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Virtualization Handler\CVH.EXE" "Microsoft Outlook 2010 (Beta) 2014006204090000" /recycle

I don't know if this works, I don't have Outlook 2010, but it's the same command switch that previous versions of Outlook use to recycle the same window and not open a new instance.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14 am

It might be something to do with it not being a local version but instead the new click to run version http://blogs.technet.com/office2010/arc ... ntury.aspx
Bulwark
It begins with a single step

Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:24 am

rusticdog wrote:In MailWasher click Settings >> under General Options beside "Launch Email Program after processing" click Specify >> either select your desired mail program from the list, or using the "..." button you can manually navigate to the location of your email program executable.
Specify.jpg

Really appreciate this tip. I missed your topic and thread yesterday as I was confronting this issue for the second time. :bow
premoth
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:36 am

I have just reinstalled Mailwasher following a hard disk failure. The prog correctly recognised my e-mail program (Incredimail) and correctly picked up my connection details but it refuses to launch Incredimail even though that is listed in the "Launch after processing box. I've tried specifying the location of Incredimail and sometimes a test launch works but when I go back to check the specify box is empty.
I'd be grateful for some help.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:36 am

Try setting it, exit MW and restart it to make sure the setting gets saved.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
premoth
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:10 am

Thanks Stan Gaz but that doesn't work either. When I reopened MW the instruction had gone. It seems that if there is something in the preconfigured field it won't accept anything in the specify field. What I can't understand is if MW can pick up my contact details from Incredimail during set up, why can't it find it afterwards. I've tried reinstalling MW but that doesn't help either.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:32 am

Do you have a registry protector running that could be blocking the MW update from sticking?

There is no way for MW to know automatically what mail program you want to launch, most folks have a couple installed and the best MW can do is give you a list.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
premoth
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Thanks Stan_qaz for trying to help.
I don't have a registry protector but I used Regedit to input the User Mail Command directly into the Registry. I restarted the computer but when I re-checked the Registry, the command was nolonger there.
The specify button on the "launch email" option gives me three mail programs to choose from. If I select Outlook it works but Incredimail doesn't. It opens the right folder but doesn't launch the prog.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:52 am

Sorry I can't be much help here but it has been so long since I used this really old version of MW that I'm pretty rusty on it. Most of the other active posters here are in the same situation and all on the new 2011 version of MW.

You might try an email to support at firetrust.com and see if they can suggest something.
--
NZ Nana

Sat May 28, 2011 10:39 am

I have just installed MW again onto my new computer and struck the same problem - test launch wouldn't work even though my email client was listed. Also on Process Mail the messages all stayed. I've just discovered unticking "Leave messageson server" in the settings of your email client does the trick!
scallerbar
Rattled Rabbit

Tue May 31, 2011 4:58 pm

You don't have this option in the 2011 version, I can wash mail, but it will not open incredimail afterwards
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue May 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Strange, my copy of MW 2011 offers this you might look in the 2011 forum for some help on this.

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=50&start=0
--
rhododen

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:24 pm

I am a new user and so far everything works except getting my emails back to my Outlook 2003 after processing. It takes me back to my email client but how do I get the processed email back in to answer etc. I don't have "Leave a copy of my email on the server" checked. I use Win 7 and the free version of MailWasher latest version. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”