What happened to "Default accounts"?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
mkcomputing
Travelling Tuatara

What happened to "Default accounts"?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:45 am

The old MW has an option to check "Default Accounts" "All accounts" or an individual account.

"Default Accounts" seems to have gone missing.

This means that hitting the "Check Mail" button now tries to go through all of my GMail.

I like to have that in there for an occasional check. But I don't want it happening when I press the button.

The Help file says:
"Click Check Mail to instruct MailWasher to check your default email account(s)"
I have unchecked the box to include GMail in default accounts. But it still seems to get checked when I press the button.

Am I missing something?
MK
MW 2010.1.0.42 + Outlook 2007
Windows 7 Home Pro | Outlook 2007 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5400+ | 4.0 GB Memory | NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: What happened to "Default accounts"?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:04 am

I believe the old MW works this way too.

When you check a non default account, if there is email in the list for that account then it's checked with the default group. This is a design choice so that users have the most up to date message list.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:14 am

mkcomputing wrote:The old MW has an option to check "Default Accounts" "All accounts" or an individual account.

"Default Accounts" seems to have gone missing.

This means that hitting the "Check Mail" button now tries to go through all of my GMail.

I like to have that in there for an occasional check. But I don't want it happening when I press the button.

The Help file says:
"Click Check Mail to instruct MailWasher to check your default email account(s)"
I have unchecked the box to include GMail in default accounts. But it still seems to get checked when I press the button.

Am I missing something?
Make sure each of your accounts are properly designated per this setting. Close and Restart MWP and the Check Icon and Auto check will only check the Default accounts. Note RD's explanation about non-default accounts.
Default Accouts.png
Default Accouts.png (32.71 KiB) Viewed 7008 times
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
mkcomputing
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Sidewinder wrote:Make sure each of your accounts are properly designated per this setting. Close and Restart MWP and the Check Icon and Auto check will only check the Default accounts. Note RD's explanation about non-default accounts.
Default Accouts.png
Did that. MW1020 still checks account marked as not to be checked.

It is doing so now. And that is after a reboot.
MK
Windows 7 Home Pro | Outlook 2007 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5400+ | 4.0 GB Memory | NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
mkcomputing
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:48 pm

rusticdog wrote:I believe the old MW works this way too.

When you check a non default account, if there is email in the list for that account then it's checked with the default group. This is a design choice so that users have the most up to date message list.
The old MW does not work in this way as I see it.

It also has separate entries in the >>Tools>>"Check for New Messages" menu.

Where is this in MW2010? I just see "Check All" and individual accounts. I know the button is supposed to do only default accounts, but like I said, it seemed to be including stuff I told it to ignore.

Perhaps the problems is that I don't really understand what you mean when you say "if there is email in the list for that account then it's checked with the default group".

What "list"?

Does it "remember" that I once asked it to look at GMail?

If so, how does someone get it to forget the messages it got from there?
MK
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Sorry, I meant messages showing in the mail grid.

So if you have account 'GMail - DogsAreBetterThanCat's, which is not a default account. Then you check that account and it has 9 messages showing in MailWasher, then each and every subsequent 'Check Mail' of the default accounts will check all default accounts plus 'GMail - DogsAreBetterThanCats'.

If you were to either restart MailWasher, delete all emails in 'GMail - DogsAreBetterThanCats' so none are showing, or clear the grid (pressing C then Y), from that point on MailWasher would only check default accounts on a 'Check Mail'

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”