What's the point?

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
Wandering_Bruce
Student Sheep

What's the point?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:56 am

Why do you have a category for language choice when there is only one option? What's the point?

I speak American English, some German and Some Brazilian Portuguese, but I've never been accused of speaking British English (the only option on the list). I never was in the UK long enough to pick up the language. When speaking with a Brit, I usually have to ask them to write it down before I have a clue what they are talking about.

Also, When I went to select the time zone, the one I'm using is not available, namely Eastern DAYLIGHT Time. I chose Eastern Standard time, but I see that even so, the forum says I'm in New Zealand time. Whattsup with that?

Just asking....
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: What's the point?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:07 am

There's only one language pack installed on the forum, so that's why you only get the one option.

No idea about the time zones, that's stock PHPBB3.

The forum time top right is the time in NZ, not related to your time. As we are in NZ it helps as some people whine why we don't reply, when we are in bed...
Wandering_Bruce
Student Sheep

Re: What's the point?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:37 am

rusticdog wrote:
The forum time top right is the time in NZ, not related to your time. As we are in NZ it helps as some people whine why we don't reply, when we are in bed...
Are you trying to tell me that people in New Zealand Sleep? I had no idea! <rofl>

Return to “General Site”