not an outlook express user

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
stormy
It begins with a single step

not an outlook express user

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:19 pm

Hello to all from the US and I thank you for your time and information. I just downloaded the MailWasher Free 6.3 and am excited about using it. However, setting up an account completely eludes me. I am a Google user and a gmail user. I don't use outlook express. I do not know how to get the Mailwasher to use gmail. I really want to use it but do not know how to configure it to gmail. I am sure that someone out there knows and I would really appreciate any advice.
Thank you,
Stormy :bow
PS, when i tried to set the correct time zone, it did not go to time minus 6 but only went to the zone -4. hope that does not interfere with anything. I am in the US central standard time---Dallas, Texas.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: not an outlook express user

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:09 pm

Just go to the Gmail POP/SMTP setup page and put the settings you see there into MW. That works just fine for me here.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: not an outlook express user

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:04 am

Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────

Return to “General Tech. Help”