Problem restoring emails from recycle bin

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
SillyBilly
Mystified Moa

Problem restoring emails from recycle bin

Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:40 am

Hi
Since I upgraded to MW6.3 and changed my security settings I have been unable to restore messages. I get a message saying that Global.. timedout possibly due to a firewall. What exception do I have to set to avoid this?
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Problem restoring emails from recycle bin

Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:18 pm

Sounds like your firewall is blocking MW from accessing the net over port 25, make sure that is on and is allowing your new copy of MW, not the old one access.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
SillyBilly
Mystified Moa

Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:37 pm

Thanks Stan
I just remembered one of the changes I made was to not log on with an account which had Administrator's privileges. When I looked at the Firewall I didn't get (it wasn't greyed out - it wasn't there!)
Have allowed MW using an Administor account!
Thanks
SillyBilly
Mystified Moa

Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:06 am

Oh!
mailwasher pro is listed and ticked in the exceptions for Windows Firewall but I get the same result!
Anyone have anonther suggestion? :roll:
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:25 am

I don't know your firewall but many of them will show a program as allowed but what they are allowing is a specific version of that program while blocking another version.

Best bet is to delete the current firewall entry and add back in the current version.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
SillyBilly
Mystified Moa

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:20 am

Sorted!
The problem was I had changed the address to which restored emails should be sent, but had left the smtp as one which I can only poll from on broadband.
Thanks
Stan

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”