New MailWasher Pro - Notification of Friend Email

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
Sylvanus
Mystified Moa

New MailWasher Pro - Notification of Friend Email

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:25 am

Sorry, but I can't seem to make emails I get from my friends already on my friends list invisible when I check my mail.. :? Or does the new version allow this :?:
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: New MailWasher Pro - Notification of Friend Email

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:54 am

Really should be posting this in the 2010 forum below, not this one for webserver issues, not many will see it here.

Look down there for some ways to do something similar to that, hiding friends and grouping if I recall correctly.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Sylvanus
Mystified Moa

Re: New MailWasher Pro - Notification of Friend Email

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Thank you - here is something I fished out down there to answer my own question, in case anyone *is* looking ;)
Philip Goddard wrote:Ah, ha-ha, you've beaten me to it, anniebrion! I just came here now to report my belated discovery that the grouping function actually (at least for me) dispenses with the need for the message hiding function of the earlier MW versions.

I simply right-clicked on the heading of the Classification column, and selected 'Group by Classification' - and this setting is automatically saved as my default, even though there is no option for setting this in the Settings or Quick Display menus. Now, all 'good' e-mails are in a collapsible group. On first view, they are always visible, but for me that turns out actually to be better than the automatic hiding of 'good' messages that I had in earlier MW versions, for I can quickly scan through them and ensure that there's nothing in that group that I want to reclassify. Then all I need do is single-click on the little '-' at top left of the particular group to collapse it, and all its entries are immediately hidden, leaving just a group heading to indicate how many messages it contains. Then I can get on with the 'dirty' work on the messages in the other groups without any of the 'good' messages getting in the way or even getting accidentally deleted.

So, I actually prefer this arrangement to the previous hiding arrangement, and actually I can't foresee any situation in which I'd need hiding of messages by any means other than the collapsing of groups. I think the MW people have actually missed a trick here in not publicly emphasizing (at least, sufficiently) how, at least for most purposes, the collapsing of groups would actually be a more useful and flexible replacement for the previous hiding function.

On this basis, unless the developers know different, I'd now suggest that a restoration of the message hiding function of previous versions would not represent the best possible use of their time and resources, and that their time would be better applied to other features that are not yet operative in the new version.

Return to “General Site”