PopPeeper functions versus MWP 2010

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
Anguilla
Travelling Tuatara

PopPeeper functions versus MWP 2010

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:18 pm

I have used PopPeeper for many years just to check out my various Hotmail accounts.

I have used MWP for many more years than PopPeeper to check out my ISP accounts.

Whilst MWP 2010 has **FINALLY** addressed the annoyance of reading incoming e'mails in MWP & **NOT** having them suddenly disappear when MWP goes to see if there is any more mail for me - it STILL has the annoyance [which PopPeeper does NOT inflect on me] of telling me that I have got "X" number of NEW e'mails waiting me - when I have already seen them - but either not deleted them - or failed to transfer them to my e'mail reading/writing program.

An example? Well {say} I have 5 e'mails in MWP that ought to be read & actioned - maybe I read them & will decide later IF I will download them - but I don't do any action.

Then - maybe I switch off the computer & come back later and AGAIN - I'm told by MWP 2010 of the "new" arrival of these 5 e'mails. :crazy

PopPeeper has a built in "learning brain" - so I ONLY get told when there REALLY are new e'mails.

Why can't MWP really "learn" that I've seen the messages *&* only advise for genuine NEW messages. :thumbsdown

I must say that MWP 2010 is very effective in labelling SPAM - but I wish it would delete it without user intervention - dangerous? Yes maybe - but time saving and I put my trust in its effectiveness at finding crap mail that I would rather not be bothered with!

Lastly - can we have a choice of TASK BAR icon please. 2010 icon is so very similer to to Peerblock's ! I rather liked the "old" drainhole - there was no chance of mistaking it for any other program that I have seen.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: PopPeeper functions versus MWP 2010

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:50 am

You posted this to the forum for problems with the forum web server...

There are forums for MW down a ways where more folks might see your post, not many view this forum.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “General Site”