Skip E-Mail Address

Suggestions for changes/features
hamasaki
Travelling Tuatara

Skip E-Mail Address

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 am

Hi Nick,

Can we have a feature in a future version that enables you to specify an e-mail address or addresses that don`t get filtered at all and bypass MWES? I have a few addresses where I would like the mail to always be delivered to the inbox regardless of content.

Possible?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Skip E-Mail Address

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Why not use the friendslist? Once an email hits the friends list it bypasses all other filters.
hamasaki
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:05 am

Hi Nick,

Maybe I wasn`t clear enough, sorry. I want to skip filtering completely on a specific domain setup on the server.

If I don`t include a domain on the 'Settings>Domains' page, would this stop filtering on that domain or would it not send at all?

I have a couple of clients I don`t want to give user access to. So, for their e-mails on their domain, I just want it to completely bypass MWES.

h
cliff
Evil Firetrust Employee

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:40 am

Hi there,

Just to clarify, you are wanting to configure a recipient address or domain, hosted on your MTA, which will not be filtered my MWES?

It sounds like something we can add in. I'll have a chat to the developer when he gets back from holiday (2 weeks) and let you know :)

~ C
hamasaki
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 am

Hey Cliff,

Yes, an entire domain. So, if I specify a domain in the control panel and then set up any e-mails on that domain, all emails bypass MWES. So, nothing I specify in black lists or custom filters would affect domains specified to be skipped. All emails would be delivered.

Would be a useful feature. Some clients prefer not to have any filtering on their messages and prefer to wade through spam themselves.

h.
eddiex666
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:18 am

I notise this post, and if I do understand...

Will it be possible to add valid receivers i MWES?
for example: i have user1@test.com and user5@test.com
I would like to relay mail to those 2 email adresses.

if someone sends to user3@test.com i would like the MWES to filter the email (not deny, i dont want the sender to get any repons back)

Will this be possible?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:33 am

Hi,

MWES now has the ability to bypass all MWES filter using individual email addresses or using wildcards. Go to Settings>>Bypass to change these
eddiex666
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:10 am

Hi Nick,

Tnx for quick reply...

I also may have explained myself wrong :-)

when a mail comes from internet
i would like MWES (instead of the mailserver) to accecpt to receive a specified email adress.
but i still want MWES to check for RBL, Bayenes, and other filters....

example:
user1@test.com is a valis email adress on my server
user2@test.com is not a existing mail adress.

when someone send a mail to user1@test.com i want MWES to check content etc.. and forward the email to my mailserver.
But i would like it to still do a "mailwash" on that mail.. (chech content and filters)

when someone send a mail to user2@test.com i would like MWES to drop the mail and not send it to my mailserver.

I looked at the settings / filters, but this would "make my day a hell" i guess?
if I add user1@test.com in this filter, all spam will be buypassed?

The other way is OK, to whitelist a sender in to MWES.. :-)

What do I not understand?

Greetings Eddie
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Ok, I think I understand.

SInce MWES works as a proxy it will query your mail server to ask if the recipient is legitimate, if not (eg user2@test.com) then that will be dropped. Otherwise you could add a filter for that email address looking for the TO: in the header as a single email address or using a wildcard with regular expression filters.

If you add user1@test.com to the whitelist then it will bypass all other filters.

A more suitable way might be to use the bayesian filters, they learn based on what spam and good email you classify.
eddiex666
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:08 pm

aha, so thats why....

It started with that I can see that I have alot of "mailbox not exist" in my mailserver (Kerio)

I cannot se any "mail" or anything in the MWES log, so i was suspected about why i saw this on my internal mailserver.

I can however see the SMTP request on my firewall in the front.

So i see SMTP inn from an IP on the firewall and then error on the mailserver , user not exist.
seems logic since MWES checks for valid email addresses.

I testet to create:
1. block filter: TO: *@test.com
2. white filter: TO: user1@test.com

but i didnt get it working at the first point.. i have to check more... :-)

Tnx Nick.. I like MWES and bayesian very mutch...

Just a simple question ... is there any whitelist mailserver IP adress list somewhere?? to buy?

Eddie
eddiex666
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:32 pm

i made a temporary workaround ...

I use a dummy/catch all account that deletes all mail :-)

Its not a good way, because the mailserver gets the mail... and I will peferred to block it before it comes to the mailserver :-)

but, tnx Nick...

Eddie

Return to “Suggestions”