Firetrust Forum PM Problemss

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
johno
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Forum PMs

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:04 am

stan_qaz wrote:To get the scroll bars to show in a post with a large image you have to double-click it.
I didn't know that. Not that it works for me :thumbsdown
I'm having no problems posting stuff, using Firefox 3.6.13 on Linux, what browser are you using?
IE8 on Vista. I do have Firefox 3.6 but I don't do a lot with it.
johno
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:35 am

Try double clicking or maybe just a single-click this one and you should be able to scroll. If it still isn't working in IE give Firefox a try.
big.png
big.png (172.51 KiB) Viewed 11818 times
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
johno
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:49 am

stan_qaz wrote:Try double clicking or maybe just a single-click this one and you should be able to scroll. If it still isn't working in IE give Firefox a try.
As far as I can ascertain, the first click does nothing in both IE and Firefox. Subsequent single clicks then cause the scroll bar to alternate between showing and not showing. Thanks for that.
johno
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:06 pm

Oh well, one problem solved then.

You did get your name added into the new PM in Firefox too?
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
johno
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:41 pm

stan_qaz wrote:Oh well, one problem solved then.

You did get your name added into the new PM in Firefox too?
Yes, there too :rant
johno
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Firetrust Forum PM Problemss

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 am

Sorry I missed this. Why is the field green when your username inserted green ? That strikes me as being some kind of form filler doing this.
johno
Knowledgeable Kea

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:40 am

rusticdog wrote:Sorry I missed this. Why is the field green when your username inserted green ? That strikes me as being some kind of form filler doing this.
Dunno. Could be Norton's IdentitySafe doing it but, if it is, I'm not clever enough to stop it.

ps Sorry about my delayed reaction; I've only just come back here for the first time since my last posting :frown
johno
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:50 am

You might want to subscribe to the topics you start in forums you rarely visit, it is the only way I remember to go back to some of them.
--
johno
Knowledgeable Kea

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:49 am

stan_qaz wrote:You might want to subscribe to the topics you start in forums you rarely visit, it is the only way I remember to go back to some of them.
I doublechecked and found I am, in fact, subscribed to this topic. Because I have a filter which traps forum topic notifications but also marks them for deletion on the next wash, I guess I missed the one for RD's post. I have to admit I tend to notice the notifications and then take no notice of them, if you see what I mean :mrgreen: When I visit my home forum, I usually read every new post in sight and not even launch MWP until I have finished :crazy Guess I need to get more organised. Story of my life :frown
johno
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:50 pm

I group my notifications too but don't auto-mark them for delete, I toggle them read and to be deleted as I deal with them. It would be nice if the forum was a bit more forgiving about missing a notice.
--

Return to “General Site”