New 2011 user setup question

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Greyson
Rattled Rabbit

New 2011 user setup question

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, I couldn't find any mention of it;

In the previous versions of mailwasher I've used, it would check mail, show me my new mail and process it. Now it does that, but also loads up all my previously processed mail as well. I find this annoying, as I want to use my mail program to catalogue and correspond, and mailwasher just to filter new mails. I've gone through the settings and I cant see a option to just monitor new mails in 2011, can anyone help me out?

Using MWP 2011 with windows 7 and windows live mail
Pierre
Prudent Pukeko

Re: New 2011 user setup question

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:21 pm

You will have uncheck the notification in Windows Live Mail that states 'leave mail on server' and/or 'do not check for mail every 10 minutes'. Think you click on far left tab and then 'options', 'mail', 'send/receive messages'. Then try it again.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
Greyson
Rattled Rabbit

Re: New 2011 user setup question

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Aha, you put me on the right track, but it wasn't quite where you thought - you were right, the fault was with my windows live settings (newly using that too) and I found the option for 'leave a copy of the message on the server' in the properties of my email accounts, deselecting that stopped mailwasher downloading all the old messages.

Thanks for the help and the quick response!
Pierre
Prudent Pukeko

(SOLVED) Re: New 2011 user setup question

Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Glad to have been of help. Sorry about wrong path. I don't use Windows Live Mail but Outlook 2010. Have a great XMAS and New Year.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”