Filter problems

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
jennz
Rattled Rabbit

Filter problems

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:59 am

:cry: I am also having filter problems.( Mailwasher pro 6.3.) I went to check my mail last week and all my filter entries had gone. Then It happened to me again just before again.! It is so annoying. Each time I get an email now I have to re enter them all. :scratch
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Filter problems

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:40 am

Are you closing MW before you exit Windows? That can often cause you to have problems as MW can't always get Windows and your AV scanner to let it save its files before Windows goes down. Best to close MW and wait for it to exit before shutting down Windows.

I'd suggest a second option too, make a backup of your filters file, blacklist file (which also has your friends) and your training directory with MW not running. Then you can copy them back to the MW directory (with MW not running) and get back to where you were. You can find the right files to backup by clicking on Help, About and the link found there.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
jennz
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Filter problems

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:15 am

Thank you for your help. I will try that.

Return to “General Tech. Help”