Outlook Express Icon

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
TFSpaniel
Mystified Moa

Outlook Express Icon

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:28 am

When I downloaded MailWasher I deleted the OE icon from my desktop and deleted it from the Programs in XP. How can I get it back?

Of course I can view OE through the Mail Program of MW but sometimes it is quicker just clicking on OE.
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Outlook Express Icon

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:46 am

How about installing another mail program like Thunderbird from Mozilla. It is a freebie. :thumbsup
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:27 pm

TFSpaniel wrote:When I downloaded MailWasher I deleted the OE icon from my desktop and deleted it from the Programs in XP. How can I get it back?

Of course I can view OE through the Mail Program of MW but sometimes it is quicker just clicking on OE.
If you go into "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\" and look for the file called "msimn.exe" >> right click on this and select Send To >> Desktop (create shortcut) >> this will create a shortcut on your desktop probably called "Shortcut to Outlook Express" so for aesthetics too you can right click on this and rename to just "Outlook Express"
TFSpaniel
Mystified Moa

Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks "dog"! That worked just fine! :thumbsup Now my better half will quit yelling at me when she cannot read her mail in a flash!

Return to “General Tech. Help”