Mail to firetrust domain appears to be bouncing

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
ksensf
Rattled Rabbit

Mail to firetrust domain appears to be bouncing

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:06 pm

I tried sending Nick a few messages, first to info@firetrust and then (with content modified) also to sales@firetrust.com, but ALL these messages are being bounced back with the following error message:

We tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 Rejected, possibly spam. (state 18).

Does anyone know of alternate e-mail addresses or has anyone else experienced this problem? It seems Mailwasher is working too hard for its own good!
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mail to firetrust domain appears to be bouncing

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:33 pm

I'd guess that your mail server is listed on a blacklist for sending spam, not much you can do about it except wait for it to clear up, usually within 48 hours of the spam stopping unless your ISP works to get removed sooner.

If you really need to talk to them grab a free Gmail account and try using that to get past your ISP's issues.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
ksensf
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Mail to firetrust domain appears to be bouncing

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:19 pm

stan_qaz wrote:I'd guess that your mail server is listed on a blacklist for sending spam, not much you can do about it except wait for it to clear up, usually within 48 hours of the spam stopping unless your ISP works to get removed sooner.

If you really need to talk to them grab a free Gmail account and try using that to get past your ISP's issues.
Thanks for the sage advice, but the original message was indeed sent from a Gmail account!

Return to “General Site”